Jeddah, June 28: The 5th annual general body meeting of Karnataka NRI Forum Jeddah was held at Seasons Restaurant Auditorium, here recently.
All the members and special guests who participated in the meeting witnessed remarkable achievements made by the forum in the year 2011 -2012.
Mohammed Mansoor was re-elected as the President for the second term.
Outgoing Secretary Raghavendra A N. presented the Secretarial Report with comparison in between the action plan for the year 2011 – 2012 with the actual achievements made. He handed over the portfolio to the new General Secretary Vasu Manchegowda.
Outgoing Treasurer S M Jafer presented the Financial Report which was approved and audited by the Forum’s CA (R K Kumar & Associates, Bangalore). He handed over the portfolio to the new Treasurer A. S. Sreekanth for the year 2012 – 2013. S M Jafer and J Parameshwarappa conducted the Election Process.
Leading Singers of Jeddah Mohammed Kaleem, Mohammed Saif and Nawaz Sharief entertained the audience with their loving melody songs and delicious food was catered from Seasons Restaurant. Prior to this President Mohammed Mansoor welcomed the audience. Vasu Manchegowda delivered the vote of thanks and Niaz Ahmed compared the programme.
About KNRI Forum:
KNRI Forum (registered under the Karnataka Society Act reg. no. SOR / DR/302 / 2008-09) is a Jeddah based voluntary, nonprofit organization formed by NRI’s from Karnataka. The Forum was formally inaugurated in April 2007 by the then Consul General of India Dr. Ausaf Sayeed.
Aims and Objectives:
• Look after the welfare of Kannadigas and people from Karnataka living in the Kingdom. Assist Kannadigas by providing financial help, recognizing the various challenges confronting individuals & families (social challenges), issues like poverty, hunger, illiteracy, illness etc.
• To assist Kannadigas who need help to resolve their problems with local authorities in KSA by abiding the Rules & Regulation of Saudi Arabia.
• To represent before State / Central government in India, Consular General, Indian High Commission in KSA, on matters which benefits KNRI community in general.
• To sponsor eligible students for education by providing them complete facility of educational requirements.
• To showcase KARNATAKA, its culture, opportunities in Commerce & Trading Industry, Education, Health Care, Tourism, etc. in various platforms available in KSA with the sole intention of Branding Karnataka and generating better relationship in between KSA and Karnataka State for the benefit of General Public of Karnataka State. To promote / organize social, cultural programs and other welfare activities amongst Kannadigas and the people of Karnataka living in KSA.