Foundation laying ceremony of Ram Temple: RSS Chief leaves for Ayodhya

Agencies
August 4, 2020

Lucknow, Aug 4: Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) Chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday left for Ayodhya to attend foundation laying ceremony of Ram Temple tomorrow.

The Prime Minister is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Ram temple in Ayodhya on August 5. The construction of Ram temple will begin in Ayodhya after the said ceremony in which various dignitaries from political and religious fields are scheduled to participate.

Bhagwat, along with PM Modi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Governor Anandiben Patel and President of Ram Mandir Trust, Nitya Gopal Das will be present on stage for the event.

Supreme Court, on November 9 last year, had directed the Central government to hand over the site at Ayodhya for the construction of a Ram temple.

The formation of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra Trust was announced on February 5 for the construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya. The Trust has been mandated by the Central government to oversee the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 18,2020

goyal.jpg

Thiruvananthapuram, Sept 18: Asking citizens to be cautious while being online, National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajit Doval said on Friday financial frauds have seen an exponential increase due to greater dependence on digital payment platforms following the Covid-19 pandemic.

He also said the Centre was coming up with the National cybersecurity strategy-2020 which envisions the safe, secured, trusted, resilient and vibrant cyberspace for India's prosperity.

He was delivering a lecture on Cybersecurity virtually at the COCONXIII-2020, data privacy and hacking conference hosted by the Kerala Police and the Society for the Policing of Cyberspace and Information Security Research Association. According to him, there is a change in the work environment that has been brought upon by the pandemic.

"There is a greater dependence on digital payment platform due to reduced cash handling and greater data sharing is happening online and presence on social media has also increased.

While we are able to manage our affairs online to a certain extent, malicious actors also found in it, a new opportunity," Doval said.

Doval said there was an increase of 500 per cent in cybercrimes due to limited awareness and cyber hygiene.

"Financial frauds have seen an exponential increase due to greater dependence on digital payment platforms.

The adversaries are tempted to exploit the crisis situation through various misinformation, fake news etc.

The huge cyber data floating in the cyberspace is a gold mine for extracting information that can undermine the privacy of our citizens..," Doval said.

He cautioned citizens while being online and said a responsible approach should be there while using the internet. The NSA complimented the state government and the Kerala police for the initiative. Inaugurating the conference, Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan said with the increased reliance on the internet becoming a permanent feature of people's lives due to Covid-19, citizens need to be extra cautious while being online.

This edition of the conference was on the virtual platform this year due to the pandemic scenario.

"Various types of cybercrimes are happening in our country and it's high time that we take proper precautions against such crimes...," Khan said. Senior police officials, including state police chief Loknath Behera, participated on the first day of the two-day conference.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 19,2020

paytm.JPG

New Delhi, Sept 19: Google on Friday restored the Paytm app on its Play store after removing it for a few hours for violating its policy on sports betting activities.

The app was back on the Google Play store on Friday evening after the Softbank-backed Paytm removed the ‘cashback’ feature from a recently-launched game on the application.

‘Update: And we’re back!,’ Paytm said in a tweet.

On Friday morning, Google removed the Paytm app — which facilitates use of wallet and payments bank services — from the Play store.

However, users who had already downloaded the app could continue using the services.

‘The app was blocked for violation of Play policies – a clarification of our policy was released earlier today ahead of the IPL tournament,’ Google said in an e-mailed response, adding that only the app availability on Play store was impacted.

Google, in a blog post earlier on Friday, had said it does not allow apps facilitating sports betting and will remove such apps from the Play store.

These policies are in place to protect users from potential harm, it added.

‘We don’t allow online casinos or support any unregulated gambling apps that facilitate sports betting. This includes if an app leads consumers to an external website that allows them to participate in paid tournaments to win real money or cash prizes, it is a violation of our policies,’ the blog post said.

Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma said the company has already removed the scratch cards which offered the cashbacks, complying with Google’s concerns.

Stating that Google was not allowing it to acquire new customers by blocking Paytm’s promotion, Sharma said India needs support for further growing the startup ecosystem.

‘(Platforms like Google) are dominating platforms and with power comes responsibility. I believe that they should be responsible for this country’s growth and startup ecosystem…India’s ecosystem needs support, not stifling of innovation,’ he told news channel CNBC-TV18.

A Paytm spokesperson said the company had recently launched the ‘Paytm Cricket League’ on its consumer app for users to engage in their passion of cricket and get cashbacks.

‘The game allows users to get player stickers after each transaction, collect them and get Paytm Cashback. Cashback is legal in India and we strictly follow all rules and laws of the land.

‘Unfortunately, Google believes this to be a violation of its policies and has unlisted the Paytm Android app from the Play Store,’ the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that the cashback feature has been removed and confirmed that the app has been restored on the Play store.

Google, in its blog post, had said that when an app violates its policies, it notifies the developer of the violation and removes the application from Google Play until the developer brings it into compliance.

‘And in the case where there are repeated policy violations, we may take more serious action which may include terminating Google Play Developer accounts.

‘Our policies are applied and enforced on all developers consistently,’ the blog post by Android Security and Privacy Vice President Product Suzanne Frey said.

There is often a surge in launches of such apps before major sporting tournaments like the IPL.

The latest season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is scheduled to start from September 19 in the United Arab Emirates.

Meanwhile, Sonam Chandwani, Managing Partner at KS Legal & Associates, said, ‘Enforcement of compliance with Google’s policies one day before IPL is scheduled to kickstart, is a preemptive attempt by Google to reinstate and remind developers of its stringent gambling policies.’ She said in India, legislation puts a blanket ban on sports betting but fantasy sports is not illegal in most states.

‘However, Google’s policies will have an over-arching implication on apps in its Play Store.

‘An undetermined implication would be the compliance of its policies by sports fantasy apps like Dream 11 and MPL that are not directly available on the Google Play Store platform but feature in advertisements and inducing similar effect on its user, eventually leading to a violation of its gambling policies,’ she noted. In a statement, the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) said it had sought clarity from Google to ensure a level-playing field for all fantasy sports apps. FIFS also said it has never asked for any company, such as MPL or Paytm, to have any negative repercussions whatsoever.

‘We are here to protect all our members no matter their business size and treat all members/non-members the same…

‘In the past, FanCode and SportsTiger, sister brands of Dream11 and MyTeam11 respectively, were removed from the Google Play Store for violation of Google Play Store’s policy as they were promoting their Fantasy Sports Apps,’ it added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 24,2020

Kasmir, Sept 24: According to police, unidentified gunmen shot and killed advocate Babar Qadri in Srinagar’s Hawal area today. Qadri was a panelist, debater, and a writer apart from being a lawyer.

“Militants fired upon advocate Babar Qadri at his Hawal residence around 6.25 pm from close range before fleeing the spot,” a police official said.

Qadri, in his early 40s, was rushed to the SKIMS hospital, where doctors declared him “dead on arrival,” according to official reports. The advocate used to appear on TV debates and wrote op-eds in local newspapers. Three days ago, he had tweeted a screenshot and urged the police in Jammu to register an FIR against a Facebook user for spreading a "wrong campaign" against him.

"I urge the State Police administration to register FIR against this Shah Nazir who has spread wrong campaign that I work for agencies. This untrue statement can lead to threat to my life, Qadri had written in his last tweet.

Qadri is the second political/ social activist to be shot dead by militants in the past 24 hours. Bhupinder Singh, a member of the block development council in Khag area of Budgam district, was shot dead by militants at his ancestral village Dalwash on Wednesday night.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.