Thumbay Group on Monday, 7th October 2019, opened its latest academic hospital, Thumbay University Hospital at Thumbay Medicity, Ajman. The new hospital is the largest private academic hospital in the region, with a capacity of 350 beds in the first phase. The soft opening was announced by Dr. Thumbay Moideen – the Founder President of Thumbay Group, in the presence of Mr. Akbar Moideen Thumbay - Vice President of the Healthcare Division of Thumbay Group, Mr. Akram Moideen Thumbay - Director Operations of the Construction and Renovation Division and Director of Thumbay Technologies, and other members of Thumbay Group’s administrative team, with a cake-cutting ceremony.
The event also included the opening of the first robotics pharmacy under the Thumbay Pharmacy network by Mr. Faizal E. Kottikollon - Founder & Chairman of KEF Holdings and a new outlet of Zo & Mo Opticals, the network of optical retail stores under Thumbay Group’s Retail Division by Mrs. Shabana Faizal, Vice-Chairperson of KEF Holdings.
Speaking about the new hospital, Dr. Thumbay Moideen said, “With the opening of the region’s largest private academic hospital, Ajman has now become a landmark. Located at Thumbay Medicity – the futuristic hub of medical education, healthcare and research, the hospital is perfectly positioned to serve a large population, at the same time further advancing our efforts to transform the country and the region into a global medical tourism destination. The main pillars of our business are Education, Healthcare and Research. In line with Thumbay Group’s vision to expand our global strategic network, the new hospital has established international collaborations with leading international centers of excellence in the USA, France, Spain, Italy and Korea.”
Commenting on the hospital’s state-of-the-art facilities, Mr. Akbar Moideen Thumbay said, “Thumbay University Hospital is the first and only hospital of its kind in the region, equipped with the latest technology and expert healthcare professionals. As a quaternary care facility, it is a referral hospital to which primary and secondary care hospitals and clinics refer their complex cases. We are confident that the hospital would complement the world-class amenities at Thumbay Medicity and set new standards of quality and innovation in healthcare.”
Prof. Hossam Hamdy, the Chancellor of Gulf Medical University said, “We are very glad and proud on the opening of Thumbay University Hospital under the Gulf Medical University Academic Health System, the first private academic health system in the region. The hospital will be a center for clinical training of the students of Gulf Medical University. In addition to the state-of-the-art medical technology, it has been designed as a university hospital, in such a way as to accommodate academic activities, with lecture halls, academic departments, special physical facilities etc., creating a learning environment. Even the hospital’s food court has been designed as a ‘Live & Learn’ environment, facilitating the exchange of knowledge and information and promoting seamless learning.”
Opened along with the hospital, the new Thumbay Pharmacy is the biggest robotic pharmacy in the country with automated robotic technology to prepare and dispense medicines. The smart pharmacy ensures zero dispensing errors and achieves considerable reduction in waiting times. Spread across 4700 sq. ft. area, it is equipped with robotic and pneumatic tube system, and has been designed for high density storage up to 42,000 units and hassle-free retrieval of medications. It is equipped with medication safety bar-code scanning, ensuring that the medications and strengths are correct during both the carousel stocking and dispensing process. It will also serve as a training site for the students of the ACPE-recognized PharmD program offered by the College of Pharmacy, Gulf Medical University.
The hospital will be offering free consultations across all OPD specialties during the first 15 days of operations.
Thumbay University Hospital: Salient Features
• A one-stop family healthcare destination comprising Thumbay University Hospital, Thumbay Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Hospital and Thumbay Dental Hospital.
• Over one hundred consultation clinics.
• 100 beds dedicated for long term care and rehabilitation.
• More than 40 beds for intensive care including ICU, CCU, NICU, PICU, etc.
• 3000+ outpatients expected daily.
• Centre for Oncology equipped with PET-CT scan, the first of its kind in Ajman.
• State-Of-the-art imaging technology: 3 Tesla MRI, 256 Slice CT, X-ray, Fluoroscopy, Mammogram, Ultrasound etc.
• The hospital’s diagnostic lab is connected to the central reference lab of Thumbay Labs through a pneumatic tube system; the largest of its kind in the country.
• Modern surgical suites for all major specialties including Neurosurgery, Open Heart surgery, Urology, Orthopedic surgery, Laparoscopic Gynecology and surgery, Plastic and Restorative surgery and Bariatric surgery.
• Dedicated 10-bed dialysis unit for Nephrology with extended facility for transplant surgery (Renal and Liver) serving the GCC region and Africa.
• Cutting-edge Cath Lab facilities for Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiological Studies, Pacemaker Implantation and Intracardiac devices like TAVI.
• ‘Therapeutic Garden’ for better relaxation and holistic recovery of in-patients.
• Marhaba Services – personalized fast track services for patients, Presidential Suite Rooms, VIP Rooms, Private Rooms etc.
• Dedicated medical tourism department for serving medical tourists.
• Wide range of amenities for patients and visitors, such as a multi-restaurant food court, movie theatre, coffee shops, health club, 1000+ free parking spaces etc.
• Professional workforce of 25 different nationalities, serving patients in 50 different languages.
• International collaborations with renowned global centers of excellence: Villa Beretta, Facility of the Valduce Hospital in Como – Italy; Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics – Kansas City, US; IMO – Spain; Gruppo Ospedaliero – San Donato, Italy; Hopitaux Universitaries – Paris Sud, France; Hopital Universitaire Mere Enfant – France; Hopital Paul Brousse – France; Institut Cochin – France; BK Plastic Surgery – Korea.
Thumbay group opens largest private academic hospital in Ajman