Dubai: On the occasion of their first anniversary, Karnataka Sports & Cultural Club a registered body in association with Dubai Health Authority & Community Development Authority (CDA), Government of Dubai, U.A.E. have scheduled to conduct ‘Blood Donation Drive’ at Union Metro Station, Deira-Dubai on Friday the 10th of March, 2017 from 8 AM to 1 PM. Donors are requested to come in large numbers and support.
Some facts about blood which needs to be known:-
• Every three seconds somebody needs blood.
• One out of every four people entering a hospital needs blood.
• People who have been in car accidents and have suffered massive blood loss can need transfusions of 50 units or more of red blood cells.
• Anemic patients need blood transfusions to increase their iron levels.
• Cancer, transplant and trauma patients, and patients undergoing open-heart surgery, require platelet transfusions to survive.
• The average bone marrow transplant requires 120 units of platelets and about 20 units of red blood cells.
• Severe burn victims can use up to 20 units of platelets during their treatment.
• Thalassemia patients consume 47% (13,976 units in 2009) of the blood collected through the DBDC.
• Just one pint of donated blood can help save 3-5 lives.
• An adult body contains 10-12 pints of blood.
• It takes about 7-10 minutes to donate a pint of blood and 24 hours for your body to replace the blood fluid volume.
• One unit of blood can be separated into several components (red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, platelets and cryoprecipitate).
• Red blood cells are made in the bone marrow and transport oxygen to body tissue. The body replaces red blood cells approximately six weeks after donation. Refrigerated red cells can last up to 42 days.
• Plasma makes up 55% of blood volume and transports blood cells, clotting proteins, nutrients, and antibodies. The body replaces plasma within 24 hours of donation. Frozen plasma can be stored up to one year.
• Platelets are produced in the bone marrow. The body replaces platelets within 72 hours of donation. Platelets are always in demand as they have a shelf life of five days.
• There are four main blood types; A, B, AB, and O. The most common blood type is O positive. The rarest blood is AB negative.
For more information please call:
00971 525872932 or 009714 228770 or write to email@example.com
Dubai: Karnataka Sports & Cultural Cub’s blood donation camp on Mar 10