Mangaluru, Jul 19: A fire broke out at SSLC examination centre here at Hira School at Babbukatte near Thokkottu on the outskirts of the city.
All students were evacuated from the center on time by the officials of the school and no casualties or injuries were reported during the incident.
Arrangements were made in adjacent building for the students to write exams.
The fire is suspected to have caused due to an electric short circuit at the lab of school.
Fire brigade team and local police officials reached the spot and doused the fire.
Later, Mangaluru Police Commissioner Shashikumar and senior MESCOM officials visited the spot.