Mangaluru, Nov 28: A woman lost her life after a fire mishap led to an explosion at a flat in an apartment building at Attavar area in Mangaluru on Tuesday, November 28.
The deceased is identified as Shaheena Nusba (58), wife of Abdullah Kola.
It is learnt that the fire erupted at around 4 a.m. due to an electrical short circuit which led to the explosion of an aquarium.
Nine people including five children were present in the home at the time of the mishap. Shaheena who was a cardiac patient, breathed her last when the smoke engulfed the house.
The injured have been admitted to different hospitals in Mangaluru. All are said to safe and out of danger.