Anupam Kher denies being a part of 'Coolie No. 1' remake

Agencies
June 23, 2019

Mumbai, Jun 23: National Award-winning actor Anupam Kher says he is not part of the remake of the super hit film 'Coolie No 1', and put the speculation to rest.

Reports had said he would be playing the role of Kader Khan in the remake of the film. Kher told news agency: "No, I am not playing any role in the remake of 'Coolie No 1'. There is no truth in the report."

Directed by David Dhawan, the film, which is a cult classic of 1995, featured Govinda and Karishma Kapoor. Late Kader Khan played the role of Hoshyar Chand.

In the remake version of the film, Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan will be the lead pair.

'Coolie No 1' is expected to release in May next year.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 16,2021

64512.jpg

Mumbai, Jan 16: Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film, Sharmaji Namkeen, is being readied for a big screen release on his birth anniversary on September 4. The shoot of the film is still pending, and actor Paresh Rawal has agreed to complete Kapoor's incomplete portions.

The film is a light-hearted coming-of-age story of a 60-year-old man.Produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar in association with MacGuffin Pictures, it directed by debutante Hitesh Bhatia.

"#SharmajiNamkeen, last film of late #RishiKapoor will be released in theatres this year aa it is his final performance. Produced by @excelmovies with #MacGuffinPictures of @HoneyTrehan & #AbhishekChaubey. Helmed by @thisisnothitesh," trade analyst Komal Nahta tweeted on Friday.

After battling leukemia for about two years, Rishi Kapoor passed away on April 30 last year. He was 67.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 5,2021

AK-Vs-AK-Movie-Download.jpg

New Delhi, Jan 5: Actor Riteish Deshmukh lauded Vikramaditya Motwane's 'AK vs AK' and termed the Netflix based film "a phenomenal experience".

Deshmukh took to Twitter to share a poster of the movie, which features Anurag Kashyap and Anil Kapoor in lead roles.
"Mind has been blown!!! #AKvsAK is a phenomenal experience - @VikramMotwane take a bow my friend," tweeted Deshmukh.

He then went on to heap praise on Kashyap, Kapoor, and his actor son Harshvardhan Kapoor who has a cameo in the film.

"@anuragkashyap72 how good are you, @AnilKapoor Sir, only you could do this, you are pure gold in this film but @HarshKapoor_has outdone your entire performance in one scene," the 'Housefull' actor's tweet further read.

While Kapoor essays the role of a yesteryear actor, Kashyap plays the role of a disgraced film director in the film.

'AK vs AK,' revolves around the story of a movie star and a film director who get into a public spat, following which the director retaliates by kidnapping the actor's daughter and films the search for her in real-time.

The Netflix India Original film was released on the platform on December 24, which also happens to be Anil Kapoor's birthday.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 7,2021

haskhabar.jpg

Mumbai, Jan 7: After getting accolades for helping migrants during the COVID-19 lockdown, Bollywood actor Sonu Sood and the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation have locked horns over his premises in Juhu.

The BMC has lodged a police complaint against Sood accusing him of 'illegally' converting his six-storied home in Shakti Sagar Building in Juhu without getting proper permissions.

Following a complaint by a social activist, the BMC filed its complaint with the Juhu Police Station invoking the Maharashtra Region & Town Planning Act. The police are now probing the matter before proceeding further.

On his part, Sood has claimed that he has done nothing illegal, secured all the necessary permissions and was only awaiting a nod from the Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA).

Back in June 2018, Sood had submitted an application to the BMC's K-West Ward Building Proposal Department, proposing to convert his residential premises into a lodging-cum-boarding facility.

he BMC returned the proposal in September 2018 directing him to comply with all the norms and submit an amended proposal, which has reportedly not been done so far.

The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party slammed the BMC move alleging it was an act of 'vendetta' on the lines of the action taken against actress Kangana Ranaut.

BJP spokesperson Ram Kadam questioned how when the same premises were turned into a quarantine facility last year by the BMC and there was nothing wrong , it now suddenly found the premises to be illegal, and asked the civic body to 'beware' of targeting a famous personality.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.