Bakery owner arrested for 'no Muslim staff' tagline

Agencies
May 10, 2020

Mumbai, May 10: A 32-year old man, running a bakery here has been arrested for alleged promotion of products using a tagline that said his firm does not employ Muslims, police said on Sunday.

The man, who is also selling his products online had allegedly said "made by Jains on orders, no Muslim staff" for promotion purposes in his WhatApp group.

A complaint was lodged against him saying the words depicted Muslims in a bad light and Mambalam police registered a case and arrested him, a release said adding a probe was on.

Recently, a man was arrested in Mumbai after he allegedly refused to collect groceries he had ordered online since the delivery person was a Muslim.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 28,2020

Bengaluru, Oct 28: The mastermind of Lalitha Jewellery heist died due to various health complications in judicial custody, a senior police officer said on Wednesday.

The 46-year-old N Murugan alias Thiruvarur Murugan alias Neeravi, had been suffering from an immunodeficiency disease and tuberculosis for the past few months and was admitted to Bowring hospital where he died on Tuesday night, the officer added.

Murugan had surrendered himself before a court in Bengaluru on October 11, 2019, after he and his gang reportedly burgled Lalitha Jewellery, located in a three-storeyed building near Chathiram bus stand in Tiruchirappalli district of Tamil Nadu on October 3, 2019.

The Murugan gang, including his nephew Suresh wore masks, and robbed 30 kg of gold, diamond and platinum items worth around Rs 12 crore.

Murugan allegedly ran an inter-state burglary gang in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry. In 2008, he had reportedly marked houses of businessmen in Bengaluru and Hyderabad for burglary. The gang was on a robbery spree to produce a movie, the police said. Murugan, a resident of Thiruvarur, had many cases pending against him in Bengaluru, Chennai and other parts of South India.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 22,2020

truck.jpg

Chennai, Oct 22: A DHL Express truck carrying Rs 15 crore mobile phones was hijacked and looted by 10 men near Krishnagiri in the early hours on Wednesday. The truck was heading to Mumbai from Chennai.

The robbers looted the truck after tying up the driver and the cleaner. The robbers, who were all heard speaking in Hindi, later abandoned the truck after taking all the booty.

The truck was carrying 14,000 phones from a Redmi unit at Poonamallee in Tamil Nadu capital Chennai, said a report in Times of India. 

The driver identified as 29-year-old K Sathish Kumar left Poonamallee at around 3 pm on Tuesday. Sathish and the cleaner N Arun halted for dinner at Vellore around 8 pm and again resumed the journey at 10.30 pm.

When the truck neared Melumalai on the Chennai-Bengaluru national highway at around 2 am on Wednesday, it was blocked by another truck and six men got out of it to overpower the driver and the cleaner.

"The robbers attacked Sathish and Arun before blindfolding them and tying their hands and feet. They then fled with the truck carrying phones," said C Murali, DSP, Hosur.

After some time, the robbers stopped the truck on a roadside. In the meantime, they were also joined by four other men from the second truck. They tied-up driver and the cleaner and were later dumped in nearby bushes some distance from the road.

The two trucks then moved towards Azagupavi where the robbed truck was found abandoned.

According to police, all 10 men did not cover their faces as they appear to be from other states. Police officials said they have formed 17 teams to trace the suspects. Though the robbers left no clue,  cops are scanning the CCTV footage of the areas to identify the truck and the accused.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
October 24,2020

lksaf.jpg

Madurai, Oct 24: The toll in the blast at a fireworks factory in Madurai mounted to seven on Saturday with two more women workers succumbing to injuries and the manager of the manufacturing facility has been arrested, police said.

All the seven victims were women.

The blast was triggered when explosive ingredients were handled by workers for the manufacturing process at the factory on Friday.

Five workers were charred to death and over five others sustained injuries.

Two women, who fought severe burn injuries, meanwhile, died without responding to treatment at a hospital here, police said, adding the manager of the private unit was arrested.

A probe was on into the blast and efforts are on to arrest the owner of the firm who has gone absconding, police deputy superintendent, (Peraiyur), Mathiazhagan said.

An office-bearer of a Sivakasi based association of firecracker unit workers, Karmegam Pandian, alleged that several units functioned without proper licence and did not follow mandated safety measures to avoid mishaps.

He urged the government to close down such units.

"There is sufficient employment opportunities in well established factories with proper licence and they adhere to safety norms that are stipulated.

Workers should seek jobs only in such units," he said.

Chief Minister K Palaniswami condoled the deaths and announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased.

He also announced Rs one lakh to those who had sustained grievous injuries.

Condoling the deaths, DMK president M K Stalin demanded that the government ensure safety measures in fireworks factories ahead of Diwali festival.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.