35-yr-old man rapes 13-year-old Dalit girl, tries to bury her alive

News Network
January 19, 2021

Betul, Jan 19: A 13-year-old Dalit girl has been allegedly raped by a man who then tried to bury her alive in a pit in Madhya Pradesh's Betul district, police said on Tuesday.

The incident took place on Monday evening following which the 35-year-old accused was arrested, and the girl, whose condition is serious, has been referred to a hospital at Nagpur in neighbouring Maharashtra, they said.

The girl had gone to a farm in a village under Ghodadongri police station area to switch off a motor and on finding her alone, the accused allegedly raped her, Betul Superintendent of Police Simala Prasad said.

In a bid to hide the crime, the accused then dragged her to a drain and dumped her in a nearby pit which he covered with stones and thorny bushes, the official said.

When the girl did not return home till late evening, her parents and sister started searching for her, he said.

When her sister reached near the pit, she heard the voice of someone writhing in pain.

She immediately called her father and when they removed the bushes and stones, they found the victim inside the pit, the official said.

The family members rushed the girl to Ghodadongri Civil Hospital, from where she was taken to the district hospital, he said.

As her condition is serious, the authorities referred her to a hospital in Nagpur for treatment, the official said.

Based on a complaint lodged by the victim's family, the accused was arrested and booked under relevant sections of the IPC, the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, he said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
March 1,2021

dfsg.jpg

New Delhi, Mar 1: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said he has taken the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at the AIIMS in New Delhi and appealed to all those who are eligible to get inoculated.

"Took my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at AIIMS. Remarkable how our doctors and scientists have worked in quick time to strengthen the global fight against COVID-19," he tweeted.

"I appeal to all those who are eligible to take the vaccine. Together, let us make India COVID-19 free!" Modi said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
February 28,2021

PM Modi Mann Ki Baat Today Live Updates: PM Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat Live  Speech, Coronavirus India Latest News and Update

New Delhi, Feb 28: Prime Minister Narendra Modi began his address to the nation during the 74th episode of his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'. 

This is the 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' 2.0.

To listen to the radio address, you can tune in to Doordarshan or the All India Radio. The live stream would also be available on the NaMo App.

In the previous episode, the Prime Minister had highlighted the Republic Day farmers' tractor rally by saying that the country was saddened by the "insult" to the Tricolour.

"We have to infuse times to come with new hope and novelty. Last year, we displayed exemplary patience and courage. This year too, we have to work hard to attain our resolves. We have to take our country forward at a faster pace," he added.

He had also said that the government was committed to modernise agriculture and will continue to take steps in this regard. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
March 4,2021

The Saudi Arabia government has decided to make it mandatory for Hajj pilgrims to take anti-coronavirus vaccine.

According to Saudi health ministry officials, taking COVID-19 vaccine has been made compulsory for those arriving in the country to perform the Hajj this year. People who don't comply to the rule will not be allowed to perform Hajj.

"The Covid-19 vaccine is mandatory for those willing to come to the Hajj and will be one of the main conditions (for receiving a permit to come)," stated the Saudi newspaper Okaz report.

The decision is believed to be taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective.

Hajj pilgrimage in Mecca is the fifth and final pillar of Islam. Saudi had in 2020 annulled the annual pilgrimage due to the pandemic. Later it allowed a limited number of pilgrims to perform the Hajj.

Lakhs of Muslims from several countries visit Mecca to perform Hajj every year. Mecca is considered the holiest city for Muslims. As per the Islam, Hajj is a mandatory religious duty for Muslims that must be carried out at least once in their lifetime. The pilgrimage takes place annually in the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah. 

Meanwhile, the India’s Ministry of Minority Affairs on its website said that the process for Haj 2021 will be announced after receiving instructions from Saudi Ministry of Haj & Umrah.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.