Doctor, Covid +ve, Accused Of Sex Harassment by Patient in Noida Hospital

Agencies
July 28, 2020

Noida, Jul 28: A doctor admitted at a private hospital in Noida has been accused of sexually harassing a patient in his isolation ward, where both were undergoing treatment for COVID-19, the police said.

The 20-year-old woman, in her complaint to the police, alleged that the incident took place on Monday and based on that a case was filed at the local expressway police station, they said.

A senior police official said an investigation is underway and there might be lapses on part of the hospital which allegedly admitted a man and a woman in the same isolation ward, in violation of the norms.

The woman and the doctor had tested positive for coronavirus last week, according to officials.

"The woman was in the isolation ward of the private hospital. There was a man, a medical practitioner, who too was infected with coronavirus and was sharing the ward with her," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Noida, Ranvijay Singh said.

He said the woman alleged molestation and upon being informed, the police immediately lodged a case and initiated a probe into the matter.

"There appears to be some irresponsibility on part of the hospital too. We are communication with the medical departments to check whether the patients were being kept in accordance with the guidelines," Mr Singh said.

He said the accused is still in isolation but the police will reach out for his statement following due protocols of COVID-19.

"All necessary action will be taken as per the truth that will emerge after a thorough investigation," Mr Singh said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 18,2020

Thiruvananthapuram, Sept 18: A 19-year old Covid-19 infected girl who suffered sexual abuse by an ambulance driver at Pathanamthitta in Kerala recently made a bid to end her life.

According to sources, the girl made a hanging bid at the hospital in Kottayam district where she is under Covid-19 treatment. Owing to the timely intervention of the hospital staff, she was saved. The incident took place on Thursday evening.

The exact cause for making the bid was yet to be ascertained. However, the girl had suffered severe mental shock following the sexual abuse in the ambulance and counseling was also being provided to her.

The girl suffered sexual abuse by an ambulance driver while she was being shifted from home to hospital after being tested Covid-19 positive on September 5.

The incident triggered a major row in Kerala as there were no nurses or health workers in the ambulance while the girl was collected. The ambulance driver dropped another woman in the ambulance at another hospital and took the ambulance to a deserted area during the dark hours and sexually abused her. An audio of the accused tendering apology to the victim after the sexual abuse had also come out.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 15,2020

suicide.JPG

Thiruvananthapuram, Sept 15: At least 140 teenagers killed themselves in Kerala for trivial reasons in the last six months, a study said, prompting the state Human Rights Commission (SHRC) to direct the Social Justice Department to examine the effectiveness of its suicide prevention measures.

In his direction to the Director of the department on Monday, SHRC chairman Antony Dominic sought a report on the initiatives taken to prevent suicide among youngsters.

"As per a complaint received by the panel, a study conducted by DISHA, an NGO, shows that at least 140 youngsters in the age group of 13 to 18 had committed suicide during the period of January 2020 to June 2020," a commission release said.

The study said that family disputes, troubled love affairs, failure in examinations, issues over mobile phones, two-wheelers were among the major reasons for the suicides.

"Thiruvananthapuram district has the highest number of suicides with 22 youngsters having taken the extreme step, followed by Malappuram with 20 suicides," the SHRC said.

The complaint said that the ineffectiveness of "village child protection councils" has resulted in the rising number of suicides among youngsters.

The release said the SHRC asked the Social Justice Department to review the effectiveness of the suicide prevention measures being taken up by it and sought a report.

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had in July said instances of suicidal tendencies were being witnessed among children and termed it as an "extremely serious social issue".

"Since March 25, when the national lockdown was imposed, 66 children, below 18 years of age, have ended their lives due to various reasons," Mr Vijayan had said.

To help the children facing issues relating to mental pressures, "Chiri", a tele-counselling initiative was initiated by the government under its Our Responsibility to Children Programme (ORC), a planned community intervention that connects with Children and Young people between the age of 12 -18 years.

The health department had launched "Ottakalla Oppamund" (You are not alone, we are with you) programme to help children facing any kind of mental distress and to stop the suicidal tendencies among them.

A committee headed by Fire and Rescue Services DGP R Sreelekha had also been constituted to conduct a study on suicides among children in the state.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
September 15,2020

Alappuzha, Sept 15: The body of a two-and-half-year-old boy Adikrishna, who went missing at Alappuzha beach after waves swept him away while his mother was clicking a selfie with him, was recovered from the sea on Tuesday.

According to the Alappuzha police, the tragic incident took place on Sunday evening when Adikrishna came to see the beach in Alappuzha district along with his parents and other relatives.

On Sunday, following the rains, the sea turned rough and the family was experiencing the sea and the toddler was held by his mother.

When a selfie was taken a huge wave came up and she lost control of her kid, which fell into the waters.

While she quickly regained control and managed to save two kids, Adikrishna was taken away by the sea.

On Tuesday early morning , the body was recovered and following the inquest the body will be handed over and the last rites will be conducted later in the day.

The couple hails from Palakkad and had come to Adikrishna's mother's place at Thrissur for a wedding and it was from there they drove to AlappuzhaA to visit their relative.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.