Inter-state drugs racket busted in Mysuru

News Network
September 29, 2020

Mysuru, Sept 29: The Cyber Crime, Economic Offences and Narcotics (CEN) police bust an interstate ganja racket here on Tuesday.

Police said they arrested four people hailing from Kerala and seized 83 kilos of narcotic substances on Mysuru-Ooty national highway at Mandakalli, near Mysuru.

The accused were transporting ganja in a goods vehicle from Andhra Pradesh to Kerala via Bengaluru, Mysuru.

On a tip-off, the police stopped the vehicle near Mysuru Airport, on Mysuru-Ooty highway and recovered the narcotics item.

A case has been registered in this connection and further probe is on.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 17,2020

betting.JPG

Bengaluru, Oct 17: Bengaluru Police on Saturday raided four locations where betting on the ongoing IPL matches was being held and seized a total of Rs 21 lakhs in the operation.

"A sum of Rs 10,05,000 and 12 mobiles were seized from two accused during a raid in KR Puram where betting on IPL matches was going on," City Crime Branch (CCB), Bengaluru Police informed.

"A total of Rs 21 lakhs was seized during raids conducted at four different places where betting was underway," it added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 14,2020

UPHorror.JPG

Lucknown, Oct 14: The violence against women has continued unabated in Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh. Amid the outrage over gang-rape and brutal murder of a woman in Hathras, two teens - one a gang-rape victim and the other a victim of molestation-allegedly killed themselves in different parts of Uttar Pradesh.

A 15-year-old girl, resident of Chitrakoot district, about 350 kilometres from Lucknow, who had been gangraped by three youths of her village last week, died by suicide in her house, on Tuesday.

The minor, who hailed from a Scheduled Caste (SC) community, hanged herself using her 'dupatta', police sources in the state's capital said.

The mother of the first victim said that three youths of the village had kidnapped the victim and had gang-raped her after taking her to the nearby forested area. The family did not lodge a police complaint fearing social humiliation.

''My daughter had stopped speaking after the incident,'' the distraught mother told the cops. Two cops, including the in-charge of the local police station, were suspended for laxity, sources said.

In another incident, a 17-year-old alleged victim of molestation killed herself by jumping into a well in UP's Pratapgarh district, about 200 kilometres from Lucknow, on Tuesday.

The father of the teen said that some youths from the village used to stalk her on the way to her college and passed lewd comments at her. ''We had complained to their parents....we did not approach the cops fearing loss of family reputation....it had been going on for the past six months,'' he said.

Police said that a case was lodged and a hunt was launched to nab the culprits.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
October 24,2020

lksaf.jpg

Madurai, Oct 24: The toll in the blast at a fireworks factory in Madurai mounted to seven on Saturday with two more women workers succumbing to injuries and the manager of the manufacturing facility has been arrested, police said.

All the seven victims were women.

The blast was triggered when explosive ingredients were handled by workers for the manufacturing process at the factory on Friday.

Five workers were charred to death and over five others sustained injuries.

Two women, who fought severe burn injuries, meanwhile, died without responding to treatment at a hospital here, police said, adding the manager of the private unit was arrested.

A probe was on into the blast and efforts are on to arrest the owner of the firm who has gone absconding, police deputy superintendent, (Peraiyur), Mathiazhagan said.

An office-bearer of a Sivakasi based association of firecracker unit workers, Karmegam Pandian, alleged that several units functioned without proper licence and did not follow mandated safety measures to avoid mishaps.

He urged the government to close down such units.

"There is sufficient employment opportunities in well established factories with proper licence and they adhere to safety norms that are stipulated.

Workers should seek jobs only in such units," he said.

Chief Minister K Palaniswami condoled the deaths and announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased.

He also announced Rs one lakh to those who had sustained grievous injuries.

Condoling the deaths, DMK president M K Stalin demanded that the government ensure safety measures in fireworks factories ahead of Diwali festival.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.