Two electrocuted during Muharram procession as panja touches live wire

News Network
August 21, 2021

Raichur, Aug 21: Two persons, including a panja bearer, were electrocuted after the panja came in contact with an overhead live wire, during the Muharram procession at Santekallur in Maski taluk of Raichur district in the early hours of Friday.

The panja-bearer Hussainsab Devaramani (50) and Huligemma (18) died on the spot.

The incident occurred when the 8-foot panja came in contact with a power line. A pall of gloom descended in the village following the incident.

The Maski police have registered a case. 


Add new comment

  • reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.