Ayodhya Ramlila: Organisers claim over 10 crore viewers

News Network
October 25, 2020

ramlila.JPG

Ayodhya, Oct 25: Organisers of the Ayodhya Ramlila being shown on different media platforms claimed that the number of their viewers has crossed the 10-crore mark.

The nine-day Ramlila is being telecast from the Laxman Qila, a temple situated on the banks of the Saryu river here. It is being performed by Bollywood stars and actor-turned politicians.

It is being shown in 14 languages, including Urdu.

Subhash Malik, director of the Ram Lila, said Ayodhya has now another record in its name as the viewership of the Ramlila being shown on Doordarshan, YouTube and other social media platforms has crossed 10 crore.

"We hope that it will double up by the time we finish the telecast," he added.

Due to the coronavirus protocol, people are not allowed to watch the performance at the venue.

LED screens have been installed at different places and mobile vans have been sent to remote areas in villages to make watch the enactment of the epic.

Around 120 crew members from Mumbai and 85 artistes are involved in the enactment with a 55-member Doordarshan team filming it from nine different angles.

This Ramlila had started on October 17 and will finish on October 25 with the “Ravana dahan”.

“For this, a 100-ft-tall effigy of Ravana is being prepared," Subhash Malik said.

"We have sent an invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to be the chief guest on this occasion,” he said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
November 23,2020

39640c89d914.jpg

Mumbai, Nov 23: Former actor Zaira Wasim on Saturday requested her fans to remove her pictures from their social media accounts and not share them, saying she was trying to start a new chapter in her life.

The national award-winning actor, who quit Bollywood in 2019, took to Instagram to make the request.

"Hello everyone!! I want to just take a moment to thank each of you for the constant love and kindness you have showered me with. Y'all have been a constant source of love and strength, thank you for being there to support me through everything (sic)," she wrote.

She said it was because of the care and consideration that all her fans have always shown that she had a little favour to ask from all of them.

"I request you to please take down my pictures from your accounts and ask other fan pages to do the same," she added.

Zaira, however, acknowledged that it was impossible to get her pictures removed from the internet.

"It's obviously IMPOSSIBLE to get them off the internet but the least I can do is request your pages not to continue sharing them. I hope you could help and support me through this just like you've supported me through everything.

"I'm trying to start a new chapter in my life and I could really benefit from your cooperation -- (like a lot!!). Thank you for being a part of my journey (sic), she wrote.

Last year, the actor announced her "disassociation" from acting, saying she was not happy with the line of work as it interfered with her faith and religion.

Zaira, who was in her early teens when she appeared in "Dangal" opposite Aamir Khan, also worked in his 2017 production venture "Secret Superstar". Her last film was "The Sky Is Pink", opposite Priyanka Chopra and Farhan Akhtar.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
November 18,2020

kangana.jpg

Mumbai, Nov 18: Mumbai police on Wednesday asked Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli Chandel to appear before them on November 23 over "objectionable comments" on social media aimed at spreading communal tension.

This is the third time Mumbai police have asked the actor to appear before the Bandra police in the matter.

Kangana had earlier informed the police that she was busy with a wedding in the family and will be available only after November 15.

Mumbai police had issued the second notice to Kangana Ranaut and Rangoli Chandel on November 3 and ordered them to appear before it on November 10. Both the sisters have been booked for allegedly promoting enmity between communities through their remarks on social media.

Earlier, the Bandra police on October 21 issued a notice to Kangana and her sister to record their statements in the case. However, Ranaut's lawyer had then sent a reply to the police station, saying she was in Himachal Pradesh and busy with the wedding preparations.

Last month, the Bandra metropolitan magistrate's court had ordered the police to investigate a complaint filed by Bollywood casting director and fitness trainer Munawwar Ali Sayyed, referring to tweets and other statements of Ranaut and her sister.

The Bandra police subsequently registered an FIR against Ranaut and her sister under IPC sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, etc), 295-A (deliberate acts hurting religious sentiments) and 124-A (sedition), 34 (common intention) and also asked Kangana and her sister to appear before the police.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 30,2020

roy.jpg

Mumbai, Nov 30: Actor Rahul Roy, best known for starring in the 1990 musical blockbuster Aashiqui has suffered a brain stroke and is recuperating at a hospital here, a family source said.

The 52-year-old actor, who was recently shooting in Kargil, was admitted to the intensive care unit of Nanavati Hospital two days ago, according to the insider.

"He was hospitalised two days ago after he arrived from Kargil. He was admitted due to a progressive brain stroke," the family source told PTI.

"He is safe and recovering well. The recovery will take some time," they added.

Roy made his Bollywood debut at the age of 22 in the Mahesh Bhatt-directed Aashiqui and went on to work with the filmmaker on 1990s films like Junoon and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee.

Roy also won the first season of the popular TV reality show Bigg Boss in 2006.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.