John Abraham’s 'Satyameva Jayate 2' to release on Eid 2021

News Network
September 21, 2020

jhon.JPG

Mumbai, Sept 21: Makers of John Abraham-starrer Satyameva Jayate 2 on Monday announced that the action-drama will release theatrically on May 12, 2021.

Produced by Bhushan Kumar's T-Series and Emmay Entertainment, the Milap Zaveri-directed film is a sequel to the 2018 hit. It also stars Divya Khosla Kumar.

Zaveri said Eid is the perfect occasion to release the film as Satyameva Jayate 2 is a celebration of "action, music, dialoguebaazi, patriotism and heroism."

"With Bhushan sir, Monisha Advani, Madhu Bhojwani and Nikkhil Advani backing me once again, I can promise next year on May 12 we will do our best to deliver a festive bonanza for all audiences," the director said in a statement.

The film is a departure from its original Mumbai setting and will see Abraham fighting corruption in Lucknow.

Zaveri said the decision to change shooting location to Lucknow gave the team a chance to make it "more massy" with a larger canvas.

"Visually also Lucknow adds to the scale and grandeur. The action of this film is gonna be ten times more dynamic, heroic and powerful," he added.

Filmmaker-producer Nikkhil Advani said the success of Satyameva Jayate has encouraged them to make the sequel bigger and better.

"The love shown by fans to the first installment in this franchise has encouraged us to create a bigger, more exciting experience, presenting John Abraham as never seen before. We are hopeful that prevailing circumstances will improve and pave the way for us to reach our audience in theatres once again."

Kumar said with Satyameva Jayate 2, the team is aware of the responsibility to deliver.

“Milap has written a mind-blowing script which is massy, that will have fabulous songs and will connect with the audiences and John will don a never seen before look. We are coming to the theatres on Eid next year which makes it even more festive," Kumar added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 15,2020

sanjay.JPG

Mumbai, Oct 15: Opening up for the first time about his battle with cancer, actor Sanjay Dutt says he is optimistic he will "beat" the disease soon.

In August, the 61-year-old actor had announced that he would be taking a break from his professional commitments to focus on medical treatment, amid reports that he was battling lung cancer.

In an Instagram video, posted on late Wednesday evening, Sanjay Dutt was seen getting a haircut at the salon of celebrity hairstylist Aalim Hakim.

The actor pointed to a scar designed by Hakim as part of the haircut and said, "This is a recent scar in my life, but I'll beat it. I'll be out of this cancer soon."

Sanjay Dutt, along with producer-wife Maanayata Dutt, had flown to Dubai last month to be with their children, nine-year-old fraternal twins Shaahran and Iqra.

The actor, who recently featured in Sadak 2, will be next seen in KGF: Chapter 2 and Ranbir Kapoor-starrer Shamshera.

Sanjay Dutt said he is growing his beard for the sequel of the 2018 action-drama KGF as he is scheduled to start shooting for the film next month. The period action film, starring Yash, marks the Bollywood star's Kannada debut.

"I need the look for the film as we are starting in November. I am happy to be on the sets again. There's 'Shamshera's dubbing lined up too, so that will be fun. It's good to be back," he added.

Towards the end of the video, when Hakim said he was happy that the actor appears in good spirits, Dutt replied he has started working out again, after an apparent weight loss due to the treatment.

"I'm getting my muscles back, they're coming back slowly. I'll get out of this," he said.

Sanjay Dutt is the eldest child of late Bollywood stars Nargis and Sunil Dutt. He has two sisters -- Priya Dutt and Namrata Dutt.

The actor also has a daughter Trishala Dutt (32) from his first marriage to Richa Sharma

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 20,2020

prithvi.JPG

Kochi, Oct 20: Malayalam star Prithviraj Sukumaran on Tuesday said he has tested positive for Covid-19 and is currently under isolation.

The 38-year-old actor was diagnosed with coronavirus while he was shooting for filmmaker Dijo Jose Anthony's "Jana Gana Mana." He has been filming since October 7.

"We had strict protocols in place with regards to Covid-19 regulations and associated safety measures. As is the norm, all involved in the shoot were tested before the schedule started and after the last day of shoot in the courtroom set we had put up, tests were repeated.

"Unfortunately the test results this time came back positive and I have gone into isolation. I am asymptomatic and doing fine now," Sukumaran said in a statement shared on Twitter.

Following his diagnosis, the "Lucifer" star said all primary and secondary contacts have been advised to isolate and get tested.

"Hoping to recover soon and get back to work as soon as possible. Cheers and thanks for the love and concern," he added.

In March, the shooting of the actor's next "Aadujeevitham" was suspended due to the pandemic after the crew went to Jordan to film its remaining schedule.

Kerala on Monday recorded 3,46,882 confirmed cases while the death toll mounted to 1,182.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
October 23,2020

BL09VisuallyOTTpic-1jpg.jpg

Mumbai, Oct 23: With over-the-top (OTT) video and data consumption witnessing a steep surge in India led by Jio Platforms that has committed to launch an India-built 5G network in the next 12 to 18 months, the video-on-demand space is set for explosive growth, according to a new report.

According to global market research firm PwC's ‘Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2020-2024,' the Indian E&M (Entertainment & Media) industry is expected to grow at 10.1% CAGR to reach $55 billion by 2024. 

"India is the ninth-largest consumer market for E&M and is growing rapidly. Looking solely at consumer revenues, India, the fifth-largest economy in the world, is in clear first place with an 8.8 per cent CAGR, helped by the fact that print revenues are still rising in many regions of the country," the report mentioned. 

When it comes to the subscription-based content streaming market, OTT revenue in India is likely to be the sixth largest in the world in 2024. 

"In India, explosive growth in OTT subscriptions has spurred production of short low-budget films made specifically for OTT platforms, sometimes repurposed from long-form movies whose production was halted," the PwC report mentioned. 

India's vibrant market of 40 OTT providers includes regional players targeting the country's large local-language populations. 

"Some OTT players aimed at local village audiences charge one rupee a day for access to content. Disney+, offered in India via Disney's local subsidiary Hotstar, offers a range of pricing levels from basic to premium," the findings showed. 

In June 2020, in the midst of the pandemic, Indian regulators gave the go-ahead to Facebook's $5.7 billion investment for a 9.99% stake in Reliance's Jio Platforms. 

"Jio, India's largest telecoms network, operates an expanding suite of entertainment and media apps and digital services. Within a month, Google invested $4.5 billion to pick up a 7.7 per cent stake in the company," the report said. 

In the 5G era, on-the-go consumers using high-speed mobile data will access greater quantities of content, games and services. 

Inching closer to its 5G rollout, Reliance Jio, which counts 400 million subscribers on its 4G network in India, this week achieved a 1000Mbps throughput milestone for its first round of 5G trials in partnership with US wireless-communication chip giant Qualcomm Inc. 

"The revenue opportunities opened up by 5G reach far beyond wireless data and communications themselves, encompassing markets such as gaming, entertainment, music and OTT video," the report added. 

What's more, 5G's massive network capacity is likely to continue reducing the cost of mobile data, removing the principal constraint for consumer activities such as mobile video consumption over cellular networks. 

In China, many content owners have renegotiated their arrangements with cinemas to switch their movies to OTT streaming platforms and a similar phenomenon can be seen in India.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.