No conclusion reached in Sushant death case, all aspects being probed: CBI

Agencies
September 28, 2020

ssr.jpg

Mumbai, Sept 28: The CBI has not reached any conclusion in the death case of actor Sushant Singh Rajput and all aspects are under investigation, the agency said on Monday.

"The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting professional investigation related to death of Shri Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date," a CBI spokesperson said in statement.

Rajput, 34, who made his silver screen debut in the critically acclaimed 'Kai Po Che' seven years ago, was found dead in his apartment in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on June 14 this year.

The CBI had taken over the probe from Bihar Police into the alleged abetment to suicide case filed by the actor's father K K Singh in Patna against Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and her family.

Singh in his complaint to Bihar Police had alleged that Chakraborty along with her family members had misappropriated Rajput's wealth, which was denied by Chakraborty in TV interviews.

Last week Singh's lawyer Vikas Singh had expressed "helplessness" over the slow pace of the CBI probe into Rajput's death.

The pace of the CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput's death has suddenly slowed down and all attention is being diverted to drugs-related issues with the NCB conducting "fashion parade" of Bollywood stars, the late actor's family lawyer Vikas Singh had alleged on Friday.

"Today, we are helpless as we don't know which direction the case is going in. Normally, a press briefing is done by CBI. But in this case, till today, CBI has not done a press briefing on what they have found out. This is a very serious issue," Singh had alleged at a press conference.

The probe agency had earlier also issued a statement calling media reports attributed to it as speculative.

"Certain media reports attributed to CBI investigation are speculative and not based on facts. It is reiterated that as a matter of policy, CBI does not share details of ongoing investigation," the agency had said on September 3

"CBI spokesperson or any team member has not shared any details of investigation with media. The details being reported and attributed to CBI are not credible," it had said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 20,2020

sonu.JPG

New Delhi, Oct 20: Hospitality firm OYO on Tuesday said it has roped in Bollywood actor Sonu Sood as the face of its campaign 'Sanitised Before Your Eyes' that seeks to showcase its sanitisation efforts and build trust within the travellers.

The campaign is an on-request initiative through which guests can request the hotel's on-ground staff to sanitise high touch spots or frequently touched surfaces right in front of their eyes, OYO Hotels & Homes said in a statement.

“Sonu has been an OYO asset owner with us since 2019 and we're extremely happy to have him as the face of our campaign. We believe that his ideologies and our brand fit perfectly well together," OYO India and South Asia CEO Rohit Kapoor said.

On the development, Sood said: "I believe that today, travellers including myself are constantly worried about hygiene and sanitisation while travelling in a virus-hit world. Witnessing the sanitisation process will reduce guests' anxiety and worries to a great extent, allowing them to truly enjoy their stay".

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
October 8,2020

broadcasting.jpg

Mumbai, Oct 8: The News Broadcasting Standard Authority (NBSA) has imposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh on AajTak and sought a public apology from the channel for telecasting fake tweets relating to late actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

NBSA, a self-regulatory body, asked AajTak, part of TV Today, to air an apology in view of the fact that it did not conduct the due diligence required prior to telecasting the tweets and attributing them to the late actor. The text, date and time of the apology will be given to the broadcaster.

The proof of compliance of telecast of the apology should be submitted on compact disc within 7 days of the telecast, NBSA said.

NBSA also decided that a fine of Rs 1 lakh be imposed on Aaj Tak payable to NBSA within seven days of receipt of the order.

Referring to Aaj Tak's "Hit-Wicket" tagline, the authority said, "It appears that the questions are being addressed to Sushant Singh Rajput, who is no more, therefore the taglines are offensive, violate privacy and affect the dignity of the deceased."

The NBSA said while it is the duty of the news channel to report news, it should not violate the privacy of the dead nor sensationalise a tragic incident.

In its order dated October 6, the NBSA said, "Aaj Tak 'did not conduct the due diligence required prior to telecasting the tweets and attributing them to Rajput'."

It also said that videos of the same programmes, if hosted on the website of the broadcasters, YouTube or other links, should be removed immediately.

AajTak had published a report on Rajput's "last tweets" on June 16, two days after the actor was found dead in his house in Mumbai. Aaj Tak had also tweeted the article from its official Twitter account. The tweet where the late actor allegedly hinted taking his own life was subsequently deleted. Aaj Tak later took down its report.

AajTak had given some "Hit wicket" taglines, such as "aise kaise hit-wicket ho gaye Sushant?", "Sushant zindagi ki pitch par hit-wicket kaise ho gaye" and "Sushant itne ashant kaise?".

The NBSA said the news channel has violated the 'Specific Guideline Covering Reportage'.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 10,2020

VijayReddy.JPG

Bengaluru, Oct 10: Renowned Kannada film director Vijay Reddy has passed away at the age of 84, his son Tripan Reddy confirmed on Saturday.

The director breathed his last on Friday night.

Reddy worked primarily in Kannada cinema with over 50 movies to his credit including 48 in Kannada. His debut directorial venture was 'Rangamahal Rahasya' in the year 1970.

Vijay's career turning point came in 1973 when he directed 'Gandhada Gudi' that turned out to be a milestone in the Kannada film industry. He also directed 'Mayura' which is considered amongst the classic movies of Kannada cinema.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.