Sid Mallya to turn author with 'ConSIDer This' book on mental health

News Network
September 25, 2020

sid.JPG

New Delhi, Sept 25: Sid Mallya, son of fugitive business tycoon Vijay Mallya, will make his debut as an author with a book on mental health, announced publishing house Westland.

Tentatively titled conSIDer This, borrowed from his recent web series where Mallya talked about his own mental struggle and how he overcame it, the book is scheduled to be published in May 2021, they added.

The actor-producer, who has been part of films like Brahman Naman and Best Fake Friends, has garnered "over three million views" for the web series posted on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.

"When I launched my 'conSIDer This' series earlier in the year, my aim was to just try and help as many people as I could by sharing my own experiences with mental health in an open and transparent manner.

"The amazing response that the series received inspired me to want to keep spreading awareness around mental health, and I'm happy to be able to continue my journey by partnering with Westland to turn 'conSIDer This' into a book," said the 33-year-old.

While in the web series Sid used examples from his journey and addressed a gamut of topics within the sphere of mental health, the book will delve into what tools he used to help him cope and more importantly find a way to highlight the importance of seeking professional help.

"We're delighted to be collaborating with Sid on a book based on his video series on mental health issues, which has resonated with millions of viewers. Mental health is a major concern worldwide and we hope that Sid’s book, in which he will open up about his own journey, will help create an awareness and sensitivity about the issue," said Deepthi Talwar, chief editor, Westland Publications.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 10,2020

kangana.JPG

Tumkur, Oct 10: A Karnataka court on Friday ordered registration of an FIR against actor Kangana Ranaut for her now-deleted tweet on farmers' protests over recently passed farm laws.

The Tumkuru court's order came on a complaint, which was filed by lawyer Ramesh Naik.

Farmers in some parts of the country, mainly in Punjab are protesting against the three farm laws- Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Service Act, 2020, and The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 15,2020

vivek.jpg

Bengaluru, Oct 15: Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi's Mumbai residence is being searched by sleuths of the Bengaluru Central Crime Branch (CCB) in connection with the ongoing investigation into the Sandalwood drugs case.

The search was carried out at the actor's house as he is the brother-in-law of Aditya Alva, an accused in the case who is absconding for more than two months. Alva is the son of former Karnataka minister Jeevaraj Alva.

Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sandeep Patil said that Aditya Alva is absconding and Vivek Oberoi is his relative. "We got some information that Alva is there (at Oberoi's house). So we wanted to check and hence obtained a court warrant. A CCB team has gone to his house in Mumbai and is searching the house," he said, adding that Oberoi may also know of Alva's whereabouts and hence the house was raided.

It is not yet confirmed whether the actor was in the house when the police arrived for the search. It is learnt that police will question Oberoi to find out whether he has information about Alva's whereabouts.

Recently, the CCB police had raided Alva's posh residence near Hebbal and seized some items. The police have also issued a lookout circular against the fugitive.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
October 15,2020

sanjay.JPG

Mumbai, Oct 15: Opening up for the first time about his battle with cancer, actor Sanjay Dutt says he is optimistic he will "beat" the disease soon.

In August, the 61-year-old actor had announced that he would be taking a break from his professional commitments to focus on medical treatment, amid reports that he was battling lung cancer.

In an Instagram video, posted on late Wednesday evening, Sanjay Dutt was seen getting a haircut at the salon of celebrity hairstylist Aalim Hakim.

The actor pointed to a scar designed by Hakim as part of the haircut and said, "This is a recent scar in my life, but I'll beat it. I'll be out of this cancer soon."

Sanjay Dutt, along with producer-wife Maanayata Dutt, had flown to Dubai last month to be with their children, nine-year-old fraternal twins Shaahran and Iqra.

The actor, who recently featured in Sadak 2, will be next seen in KGF: Chapter 2 and Ranbir Kapoor-starrer Shamshera.

Sanjay Dutt said he is growing his beard for the sequel of the 2018 action-drama KGF as he is scheduled to start shooting for the film next month. The period action film, starring Yash, marks the Bollywood star's Kannada debut.

"I need the look for the film as we are starting in November. I am happy to be on the sets again. There's 'Shamshera's dubbing lined up too, so that will be fun. It's good to be back," he added.

Towards the end of the video, when Hakim said he was happy that the actor appears in good spirits, Dutt replied he has started working out again, after an apparent weight loss due to the treatment.

"I'm getting my muscles back, they're coming back slowly. I'll get out of this," he said.

Sanjay Dutt is the eldest child of late Bollywood stars Nargis and Sunil Dutt. He has two sisters -- Priya Dutt and Namrata Dutt.

The actor also has a daughter Trishala Dutt (32) from his first marriage to Richa Sharma

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.