'Truth shall prevail', says Rhea Chakraborty on allegations against her in Sushant case

Agencies
July 31, 2020

IMG_20200731_193536.jpg

New Delhi, Jul 31: After an FIR was registered against her in various sections including abetment of suicide in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case, actor Rhea Chakraborty on Friday said that she has faith in the judiciary and she will get justice.

In a video statement issued by her lawyers, the actor refrained from commenting on "horrible things" being said against her saying that the matter is sub judice. 

“I have immense faith in God and the judiciary. I believe that I will get justice. Even though horrible things are being said about me in the electronic media. I refrain from commenting on the advice of my lawyers as the matter is sub judice. Satyamev Jayate. The truth shall prevail," Chakraborty said in the video statement. 

An FIR was filed by Rajput's father KK Singh against Chakraborty in Bihar under several sections including abetment of suicide.

Days after Rajput's death, Chakraborty said she was the "girlfriend" of the 'Dil Bechara' actor while requesting a CBI inquiry in the case.

Rajput was found dead in his Mumbai residence on June 14.

Chakraborty has also approached the Supreme Court for transfer of investigation to Mumbai in the FIR registered against her in Patna. 

Earlier in the day, targeting Chakraborty over Rajput's death, Bihar Minister and JD-U leader Maheshwar Hazari said she played the role of "vishkanya" and alleged that there is a "big gang" behind the "killing" of the actor.

"There is a big gang behind the killing of Sushant Singh Rajput. Earlier also talented people who went to Mumbai for work were killed. This gang used Rhea Chakraborty. She trapped Sushant Singh Rajput in a love affair, got his money transferred. Later, she started drama of 'bhoot pret' (ghosts) and played the role of a 'vishkanya'. She sabotaged his talent and defamed love," Hazari said.

According to the Maharashtra police, statements of 41 people, including filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, film critic Rajeev Masand, director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have been recorded in the investigation so far.

Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had said that Mumbai Police are investigating the case and it will not be transferred to the CBI. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 26,2020

drug.jpg

Mumbai, Sept 26: Three Bollywood actors Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan are being grilled at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).

The federal anti-narcotics organisation is investigating two cases - the drug angle in Sushant Singh Rajput case and the larger Bollywood-drug cartel nexus. Deepika's business manager Karishma Prakash was also questioned for the second day.

Deepika arrived at the NCB SIT office on Saturday morning. On Friday, her business manager Karishma Prakash was questioned by NCB's Special Investigation Team (NCB). Last night, Deepika had met her legal team.

Karishma Prakash's WhatsApp chats included conversations about drugs with one 'D' and the central agency wanted to find out who this person was, the NCB sources had said earlier.

Actors Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor are expected to reach NCB office in some time.

There is heavy police deployment outside the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) office, where barricades have been put up. Media personnel have gathered in large numbers for coverage.

Deepika has been summoned by the NCB as part of its probe into the alleged Bollywood-drugs nexus.

There were reports that Deepika's husband and actor Ranveer Singh had asked the NCB if he could also remain present during her interrogation. However, the NCB had on Friday clarified that it did not receive any such request.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 14,2020

salman.JPG

Mumbai, Sept 14: Superstar Salman Khan will return with season 14 of the hit reality show Bigg Boss on October 3, the makers have announced.

TV channel Colors shared the premiere date of the upcoming season on its official Twitter and Instagram pages.

“2020 ki har problem ko chaknachoor karne aa gaya hai #BiggBoss! #BB14 Grand Premiere, 3rd Oct, Saturday raat 9 baje, sirf #Colors par. Catch #BiggBoss2020 before TV on @vootselect,” the post read.

The makers also shared a video of Khan announcing the premiere date of the reality show, which he has been hosting since its fourth season in 2010.

The first promo of Bigg Boss 14 was released last month. It was shot at the 54-year-old actor’s Panvel farmhouse during the Covid-19 lockdown.

Details about the new season's theme and contestants are currently under wraps.

Actor Siddharth Shukla was the winner of the last season of the reality series, which aired from September 2019 to February this year.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 21,2020

jhon.JPG

Mumbai, Sept 21: Makers of John Abraham-starrer Satyameva Jayate 2 on Monday announced that the action-drama will release theatrically on May 12, 2021.

Produced by Bhushan Kumar's T-Series and Emmay Entertainment, the Milap Zaveri-directed film is a sequel to the 2018 hit. It also stars Divya Khosla Kumar.

Zaveri said Eid is the perfect occasion to release the film as Satyameva Jayate 2 is a celebration of "action, music, dialoguebaazi, patriotism and heroism."

"With Bhushan sir, Monisha Advani, Madhu Bhojwani and Nikkhil Advani backing me once again, I can promise next year on May 12 we will do our best to deliver a festive bonanza for all audiences," the director said in a statement.

The film is a departure from its original Mumbai setting and will see Abraham fighting corruption in Lucknow.

Zaveri said the decision to change shooting location to Lucknow gave the team a chance to make it "more massy" with a larger canvas.

"Visually also Lucknow adds to the scale and grandeur. The action of this film is gonna be ten times more dynamic, heroic and powerful," he added.

Filmmaker-producer Nikkhil Advani said the success of Satyameva Jayate has encouraged them to make the sequel bigger and better.

"The love shown by fans to the first installment in this franchise has encouraged us to create a bigger, more exciting experience, presenting John Abraham as never seen before. We are hopeful that prevailing circumstances will improve and pave the way for us to reach our audience in theatres once again."

Kumar said with Satyameva Jayate 2, the team is aware of the responsibility to deliver.

“Milap has written a mind-blowing script which is massy, that will have fabulous songs and will connect with the audiences and John will don a never seen before look. We are coming to the theatres on Eid next year which makes it even more festive," Kumar added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.