Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal head to Alibag for wedding: Reports

Agencies
January 22, 2021

Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Head To Alibag For Wedding: Reports -  DTNext.in

Mumbai, Jan 22: Bollywood star Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal reportedly left for Alibag along with their families on Friday morning, for their wedding. While the ceremony in on January 24, rituals begin from Friday.

Social media pictures and videos that surfaced on Friday show Varun's parents David and Karuna Dhawan leaving in one car while his brother Rohit Dhawan along with wife Janvi Dhawan and their daughter leaves in another.

Natasha Dalal was also spotted leaving her residence along with her parents.

Varun and Natasha are reportedly to tie the knot at The Mansion House Resort in Alibag, that is 20 minutes away from Mumbai via speedboat.

Earlier source close to Varun told IANS: "Varun and Natasha will be leaving for Alibag on January 22. They will tie the knot on January 24 and it will be a close-knit family affair, keeping the global pandemic in mind, because there are elder family members in both the families. It will be around 40 people from both the families gather for the occasion."

On the guest list the source had added that "no Bollywood celebrity will be attending the ceremony now, because then the guest list would cross 500, which is not practically possible, keeping Covid-19 in mind".

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
March 3,2021

Amazon Prime Video apologises unconditionally for 'Tandav' - The Hindu

Mumbai, Feb 3: Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday said it respects its viewers' diverse beliefs and apologises unconditionally to anyone who felt hurt by scenes in Tandav , a starry political saga that found itself in trouble over allegations that it depicted Hindu gods in an objectionable manner.

In a statement, the streamer said it "deeply regrets" the fact that viewers considered certain scenes to be objectionable and added that those have already been removed.

It said it would continue to develop entertaining content with partners while "complying with the laws of India and respecting the diversity of culture and beliefs of our audiences".

"Amazon Prime Video again deeply regrets that viewers considered certain scenes to be objectionable in the recently launched fictional series 'Tandav'. This was never our intention, and the scenes that were objected to were removed or edited when they were brought to our attention," the company said in its statement.

"We respect our viewers' diverse beliefs and apologise unconditionally to anyone who felt hurt by these scenes. Our teams follow company content evaluation processes, which we acknowledge need to be constantly updated to better serve our audiences," it added.

The Saif Ali Khan, Mohd Zeeshan Ayyub, Dimple Kapadia starrer landed in major political controversy for a scene depicting a college play. It led to multiple FIRs and furious allegations that it hurt religious sentiments.

Faced with multiple FIRs, arrests and calls for boycott, the cast and crew of the Ali Abbas Zafar-directed series apologised twice. Eventually, the team decided to cut the objectionable portions.

The government last week brought new guidelines for social media and OTT platforms to ensure compliance with local laws.

The apology from the streamer also comes four days after the Allahabad High Court rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by Amazon Prime Video's head of India Originals Aparna Purohit, stating that the title of the show "can be offensive to the majority of the people of this country".

While rejecting the application, a single-judge bench of Justice Sidharth said the applicant was earlier granted interim protection from arrest by another bench in a similar case but she was not cooperating with the investigation.

The court observed, "Western filmmakers have refrained from ridiculing Lord Jesus or the Prophet but Hindi filmmakers have done this repeatedly and are still doing this most unabashedly with Hindu gods and goddesses."

In January, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry sought an explanation from the makers as the chorus for a boycott grew against the show.

The show, about intrigue in Delhi's corridors of power, touches on current issues such as student unrest and farmer protests. Tandav , which literally translates to dance of destruction', dominated headlines for days as the controversy refused to die down despite the makers' apology and the decision to remove the scene in question.

The nine-episode Tandav', which premiered on the service on January 15, is only the latest in a long line of showbiz offerings to attract controversy for one reason or another.

Netflix show A Suitable Boy , based on Vikram Seth's bestselling novel, faced the ire of the rightwing for a scene showing a Muslim man and a Hindu girl kissing in the backdrop of a temple. Amazon's Pataal Lok got into trouble for its depiction of communal issues, and Netflix's Leila was called "anti-Hindu" for showing the dystopian future of Aryavarta.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
February 27,2021

Hrithik Roshan Records Statement at Crime Branch Office Against Kangana  Ranaut

Mumbai, Feb 27: Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan on Saturday recorded his statement with Crime Branch in an ongoing case filed against actress Kangana Ranaut.

Videos shared by the paparazzi on social media show the actor alighting from his car and entering the Crime Branch office to record his statement. The actor wore a simple T-shirt with denims with a cap, and covered his face with a mask. He also avoided speaking to the media present at the spot.

As per reports, the statement being recorded is with regards to an e-mail exchange case between Hrithik and Kangana that took place few years ago.

Hrithik and Kangana appeared together in the 2010 film "Kites" and the 2013 film "Krrish 3", following which they reportedly dated for a while before parting ways. A couple of years later, Kangana resorted to attacking Hrithik in the public, referring to him as her "silly ex". The two actors have filed cases against each other.

On Friday, Kangana once again referred to Hrithik Roshan as her "silly ex" on Twitter while reacting to a news report on the microblogging site. The actress news piece tweet said: "#HrithikRoshan to Appear Before Mumbai's #CrimeBranch on February 27 to Record Statement in Case Against #KanganaRanaut."

Reacting to this, Kangana tweeted: "Duniya kahan se kahan pahunch gayi magar mera silly ex abhi bhi waheen hai usi modh pe jahan yeh waqt dobara laut ke nahi jane wala (No matter where the world has moved on but my silly ex is still standing there where time will never return).

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
March 6,2021

ponnu.jpg

A few days after Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu and director Anurag Kashyap were raided by the Income Tax Department, the actor broke her silence in a series of tweets on her official account on Saturday.

The I-T Department on March 3 began raids on the homes and offices of Pannu and Kashyap as well as his partners, who launched the now-shuttered production house Phantom Films.

Addressing one of the various allegations on her house in Paris, she said, “3 days of intense search of 3 things primarily 1. The keys of the “alleged” bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer holidays are around the corner.”

Further, in the next tweet, the Badla actress slammed that I-T officials for ‘framing’ her with an alleged Rs 5 crore cash receipt. She said, “The “alleged” receipt worth 5 crores to frame n keep for future pitching coz I’ve been refused that money before Pouting face.”

In the last tweet, she replied to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s allegation that she was raided in 2013 as well. She said, “My memory of 2013 raid that happened with me according to our honourable finance minister P.S- 'not so sasti' anymore."

Pannu and Kashyap have been vocal about their views on a range of issues.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.