Priyanka Chopra Jonas inks lucrative TV deal with Amazon

News Network
July 1, 2020

Los Angeles, Jul 1: Actor Priyanka Chopra Jonas has struck a two-year television deal with Amazon. The 37-year-old actor shared the news about her "multimillion-dollar" first look deal with the streamer in a post on Instagram.

"So honoured and excited to finally share this news with you. Looking ahead, we already have so much on our slate! Big thank you to @jsalke and her team at Amazon for being such great partners, and for sharing in the belief that talent and good content knows no boundaries," Priyanka wrote.

The actor, who launched her own production banner Purple Pebble Pictures in 2015, said she aims to create "great content" featuring "creative talent" from all over the world.

"This has always been the DNA of my production house Purple Pebble Pictures, and is the foundation of this exciting new endeavour with Amazon. ⁣⁣

"And as a storyteller, my quest is to constantly push myself to explore new ideas that not only entertain but most importantly, open minds and perspectives," Priyanka said.

She thanked her fans for being a "big part of my journey so far".

"And for those who are just getting to know me, or maybe only recognise me as Alex Parrish from 'Quantico', I'm excited for you to get to know me better," Priyanka concluded.

Priyanka, who started her Hollywood career with ABC series Quantico, has featured in films such as Baywatch and Isn't It Romantic.

Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke told Variety that she bonded with the actor over their "shared passion for diverse global storytelling".

"Priyanka is drawn to exciting original content and characters that can resonate globally. She’s a powerhouse producer, and we are thrilled to collaborate with her for years to come," she added.

Prior to her deal with Amazon, the actor lined up two projects with the streamer. She will star opposite Game of Thrones actor Richard Madden in upcoming thriller series Citadel, to be produced by Anthony and Joe Russo.

The actor will also feature in Sangeet, an unscripted series co-produced with her husband, Nick Jonas.

Priyanka's another project with Amazon is a film about Ma Anand Sheela, the assistant to guru Bhagwan Rajneesh (also known as Osho). The actor will be producing the movie which is based on Netflix docu-series Wild Wild Country.

Besides her association with Amazon, the actor will next star in two Netflix projects -- superhero movie We Can Be Heroes and The White Tiger,  opposite Rajkummar Rao.

She is currently shooting for Keanu Reeves-starrer The Matrix 4, which recently resumed filming after production was halted by the pandemic.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 1,2021

mohanlal-s-drishyam-.jpg

Kochi, Jan 1: Malayalam superstar Mohanlal has unveiled the teaser of Drishyam 2, which will premiere on an OTT platform later this year.

The teaser shows Mohanal's character Georgekutty telling a cop that he believes the new police station will protect his family. He is referring to his secret that he hopes will remain buried under the floors of the police station forever. But it seems like it will be a difficult task to do.

"'Drishyam' (released in 2013) was one-of-a-kind thriller, way ahead of its time, that was loved by all. With 'Drishyam 2', we are taking the story of Georgekutty and his family ahead from where we left it off," said Mohanlal.

"We know viewers have waited patiently for the sequel - 'Drishyam 2'. It is a labour of love, we hope to rise to the expectations of our die-hard fans. So sit back and enjoy from the safety of your homes with your family and loved ones," he added.

Written and directed by Jeetu Joseph, Drishyam 2 also stars Meena, Siddique, Asha Sharath, Murali Gopy, Ansiba, Esther, and Saikumar.

It will premiere on Amazon Prime Video in 2021.

While some fans are eagerly "waiting for georgekutty and his family", others were not too happy about the film releasing digitally.

"OTT Release (emoji of face with rolling eyes). Dissappointed," one fan tweeted.

Another wrote: "Disappointing... Should have waited for theatres."

Another wrote: "Shocking... Wanna watch in theaters."

Georgekutty and his family are coming soon on @PrimeVideoIN#Drishyam2OnPrime #HappyNewYear2021 #MeenaSagar #JeethuJoseph @antonypbvr @aashirvadcine @drishyam2movie #SatheeshKurup pic.twitter.com/5l7cfCdCS3

— Mohanlal (@Mohanlal) December 31, 2020

 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 3,2021

fgd.jpg

Mumbai, Jan 3: Actor-politician Urmila Matondkar on Sunday said she has bought a new office with her "hard-earned money" after Kangana Ranaut took a dig at the purchase, linking it with her joining Shiv Sena.

Matondkar, who had contested the 2019 Lok Sabha election from North Mumbai constituency as a Congress candidate, joined the political party, led by Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, on December 1.

Ranaut took to Twitter and shared a screenshot of a report which claimed Matondkar bought the office for over Rs 3 crore, "weeks after joining Shiv Sena".

The "Queen" star claimed that Congress, Shiv Sena's ally in the state's coalition government, is trying to demolish her house and took a potshot at Matondkar for being "smart" enough to maintain good relations with her former political party.

"Dear @UrmilaMatondkar ji, the houses that I built from my hard-earned money are being demolished by Congress. By impressing BJP, I have only gotten 25-30 legal cases against me.

"I wish I was as smart as you and would've kept Congress happy. How foolish of me, no?" the 33-year-old actor tweeted.

Tagging Ranaut, Matondkar shared a video on Twitter and asked her to fix up a meeting where she would be present with all documents as fair proof.

"It has proof how I bought the flat in 2011 with my own hard-earned money after working for nearly 25-30 years. The document has papers of the sale of the flat in the first of week of March.

"It also has papers of how I bought the office with that money, which I had earned through my hard work. The flat that I had bought was way before I entered politics," she said in the video.

Matondkar, 46, also took a dig at the Y-plus category security given to Ranaut "against the money of crores of tax-paying citizens".

In September 2020, Ranaut was given Y-plus category security by the Ministry of Home Affairs amid controversy over her comment that she feared Mumbai Police.

Matondkar also asked the actor to present a list of people from the industry, who she had claimed were involved in drugs.

"You had promised them (the government) that you have names of several people you wish to give to the Narcotics Control Bureau to fight the drug menace. I request you to please bring that list. I'll be waiting for your answer," she added.

In September, Ranaut had called Matondkar a "soft porn star", after the latter criticised her claims about nepotism in the industry and Bollywood being riddled with a drug problem.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 2,2021

shah-rukh-khan-.jpg

New Delhi, Jan 2: Shah Rukh Khan fans are jumping with joy and excitement today and why not, they have every reason to celebrate. The superstar, on Saturday, announced in his New Year-special post that his fans will see him "on the big screen in 2021," sort of confirming his new project Pathan. The actor, in a 3-minute-and-15-second long video, wished his fans a happy New Year and shared that his post arrived late because he shot and edited the clip all by himself as his team wasn't available. Shah Rukh Khan started the clip with this message: "Hi everybody, it is that time of the year again where the old year is on its way out and the New Year is waiting at the entrance. Actually, it has entered because I am late in conveying my wishes to all of you."

"I am sure 2020 has been the worst of years for everybody. In these awful times, for most it is difficult to find a ray of hope and positivity. But I have a way of looking at bad days, difficult times, and awful years. I believe when one is at the lowest, at the most bottom-est of their life, the good thing is there is only one way to move - upwards, higher to better places. So, 2020 whatever it has been is in the past now. 2021 is going to be bigger, better, brighter and more beautiful," he added.

The actor also made the clip more entertaining by adding some "cheesy New Year effects" and some advice on partying. "2020 has taught us one thing. That real fun is with real people. Your family, your friends, your loved ones and all the friends and enemies you make virtually. Taking sides and fighting online is good fun, time pass but it is not for keeps. So, here's wishing you all in 2021 a lot of happiness, joy and peace. Do I sound like some cheap greeting card? So, let me add some tax paid cash too. So that your dreams and bills are fulfilled...Go party hard, but not too hard in moderation. Don't get too drunk, don't take off your clothes and run on the street, because chances are you'll get arrested and even worse you will wake up in the morning and realize you have lost your phone and that really sucks."

Shah Rukh Khan signed off his clip by saying: "See you all on the big screen in 2021."

See Shah Rukh Khan's post here:

Here's wishing you all a safe, happy and prosperous 2021... pic.twitter.com/COgpPzPEQJ

— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) January 2, 2021
Shah Rukh Khan reportedly started working on his new film Pathan in November last year. He spotted arriving outside Yash Raj Films studio in Mumbai, sporting long hair and also what appeared to be a thick French beard.

SHAH RUKH KHAN IS BACK!!! Cant wait for #Pathan!!! pic.twitter.com/JMFTNGodAe

— Mahir (@mahir_khiladi) November 18, 2020
Shah Rukh Khan was last seen in Aanand L Rai's 2018 film Zero.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.