Sanjay Dutt dedicates 'Baba' to Sunil Dutt

Agencies
June 18, 2019

Mumbai, Jun 18: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt on Tuesday shared the motion poster of his first Marathi production "Baba" and dedicated the movie to his father, legendary actor Sunil Dutt.

The 59-year-old actor released the motion poster of the film on social media.

"Dedicating our first Marathi film 'BABA' to the person who remained steadfast in my life through everything! Love you Dad," Sanjay wrote.

The actor also announced that the film, directed by Raj Gupta, will hit the theatres on August 2.

The movie features Deepak Dobriyal in the lead role and is based on the father-son relationship.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 8,2021

design.jpg

Mumbai, Jan 8: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Friday carried out searches to look for late Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput's friend who had skipped the agency's summons for questioning a day earlier in a drugs-related case, officials said.

"We are looking for Sushant's friend and Assistant Director Rishikesh Pawar who has been absconding since yesterday," a senior NCB official connected to probe told media.

The official said that the NCB had directed Pawar to appear for quizzing on Thursday but he skipped the summons.

The latest development pertains to drugs-related case linked to the death of Sushant, who was found dead at his Bandra flat in Mumbai on June 14.

The NCB had registered two cases on Enforcement Directorate (ED) request after a few alleged chats vis-a-vis drugs came to the fore in August last year.

The NCB has since questioned top Bollywood actors like Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor, Rakul Preet Singh and several others.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 10,2021

Speaking on the issue of rapes in India and how to reduce such crimes against women, Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut on Saturday said that India needs to set some strong examples and follow something like Saudi Arabia-model which, she claims, is that those who commit crimes against women are hanged to death in public.  

"We still have the old legal system where cases enter files and the process goes on for years. Also the victim is often subjected to harassment as the burden of proving the allegation lies on the victim," she told ANI.

She also said that half of the complaints get registered and the rest get away with the crimes.

"India needs to set four or five examples like that of Saudi Arabia where the perpetrators are hanged to death at intersections," Kangana said.  

The actress also added that the current legal system adds further harassment for the victim as she is often asked to narrate the incident in details.

"Such crimes are committed even in case of silly disagreements because it is easy to get away with them," she said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 7,2021

haskhabar.jpg

Mumbai, Jan 7: After getting accolades for helping migrants during the COVID-19 lockdown, Bollywood actor Sonu Sood and the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation have locked horns over his premises in Juhu.

The BMC has lodged a police complaint against Sood accusing him of 'illegally' converting his six-storied home in Shakti Sagar Building in Juhu without getting proper permissions.

Following a complaint by a social activist, the BMC filed its complaint with the Juhu Police Station invoking the Maharashtra Region & Town Planning Act. The police are now probing the matter before proceeding further.

On his part, Sood has claimed that he has done nothing illegal, secured all the necessary permissions and was only awaiting a nod from the Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA).

Back in June 2018, Sood had submitted an application to the BMC's K-West Ward Building Proposal Department, proposing to convert his residential premises into a lodging-cum-boarding facility.

he BMC returned the proposal in September 2018 directing him to comply with all the norms and submit an amended proposal, which has reportedly not been done so far.

The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party slammed the BMC move alleging it was an act of 'vendetta' on the lines of the action taken against actress Kangana Ranaut.

BJP spokesperson Ram Kadam questioned how when the same premises were turned into a quarantine facility last year by the BMC and there was nothing wrong , it now suddenly found the premises to be illegal, and asked the civic body to 'beware' of targeting a famous personality.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.