Handcuffed Pocso case accused escapes from cops, jumps into sea

coastaldigest.com news network
July 22, 2020

Kasaragod, Jul 22: An accused in a POCSO case jumped into the sea at Kasaba Coast near here on Wednesday.

Sources said the accused Mahesh (28), resident of Soorlu Kanhangad, was brought to the groyne ('pulimuttu' in Malayalam) at the coast for collecting evidence.

He escaped from the police and ran around 200 meters towards the sea and jumped into it. The effort to rescue him also failed.

Police, Fire & Rescue officials and fishermen are searching for the body of the accused.

Mahesh was arrested on charge of capturing the video of a minor girl in a washroom on his mobile. 

During interrogation, he had told the copse that he had hidden the mobile, which was used to video record the act, near the groyne. Accordingly, the police had brought him to this place.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 7,2020

farmers.JPG

Kalaburgi, Sept 7: A man in Karnataka left his "monotonous job" in the United States and Dubai to start farming in his village in Kalaburagi district.

Satish Kumar who was working as a Software engineer abroad was getting USD 1,00,000 per annum.

"I was a software engineer working in Los Angeles, United States and Dubai. In the US, I was getting USD 1,00,000 per annum. However, I was doing a monotonous job," Kumar told news agency.

"There were not many challenges and I was not able to concentrate on my personal life. So I decided to move back to my village and started farming two years back. Last month, I sold corn cultivated on 2-acre land for Rs 2.5 lakhs," Kumar added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 18,2020

paytm.JPG

Bengaluru, Sept 18: Google pulled down payment app PayTM from its app store on Friday for allegedly violating the company's gambling policy.

Suzanne Frey, Vice President, Product, Android Security and Privacy at Google said on a blogpost on Friday said that Google doesn't allow online casinos or support any unregulated gambling apps that facilitate sports betting. She added that this policy includes apps that lead consumers to an external website that allows them to participate in paid tournaments to win real money or cash prizes.

The blogpost doesn't mention Paytm specifically or Paytm games. Google spokesperson confirmed to ET has Paytm was one of the many apps taken down for the violating the gambling policy.

Google said it has these policies to protect users from potential harm, and when an app violates these policies, we notify the developer of the violation and remove the app from Google Play until the developer brings the app into compliance.

"And in the case where there are repeated policy violations, we may take more serious action which may include terminating Google Play Developer accounts. Our policies are applied and enforced on all developers consistently," she said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 16,2020

djhalli.JPG

Bengaluru, Sep 16: Over a dozen Muslim clergymen met Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa on Tuesday and demanded that the state government order an independent judicial inquiry commission to probe into the D.J. Halli violence that took place last month.

The clergymen, led by Ameer-E-Shariat Karnataka, Moulana Sageer Ahmed, submitted a memorandum to the CM and strongly appealed that the state government should also act resiliently on those tried to spread communal hate by posting indecent messages on social media sites.

Speaking to IANS, Maulana Maqsood Imran Rashadi, Imam, Jama Masjid, appealed the state government to take steps to releases innocent Muslim accused, who have been booked in this case.

“The police have picked more than 300 people till date for their alleged role in the D.J. Hall violence, but in reality, there are many innocents too who have been picked up. At least they must be let off is our primary demand,” he expaliend.

The memorandum stated that the main idea of seeking an independent judicial commission is to know the real truth as to who instigated P. Naveen, nephew of Congress MLA Srinivasamurthy, to post such posts on social media.

According to the memorandum, the community strongly suspects this entire episode is orchestrated by someone who is hiding behind Naveen, who wanted to disturb the communal peace in the state.

The memorandum further added that the state government’s decision to invoke draconian Unlawful Activates (Prevention) Act (UAPA). “Invocation of such draconian law would ruin the entire life of innocents, hence the state should not invoke this act in a hurried manner,” it read.

The note also added that the state government should take stringent action against all those spreading religious hate using social media platforms.

It may be recalled that the violence began after religious sentiments were offended following an objectionable post on Facebook, by P. Naveen.

Earlier, he had hailed the Bhumi Pujan in Ayodhya as a victory for Hindus. He is the nephew of Congress MLA from Pulakeshinagar, Akhanda Srinivasa Murthy. Murthy, a Dalit leader, had defected from the JD(S) to Congress before the last poll and won it too at the chagrin of the Congress bigwigs who had been eying the seat.

In this incident, the legislator’s house was torched by rioters and in a bid to quell the rioters, the police opened fire in which three people lost their lives.A The police then swooped down and arrested more than 300 persons so far in this connection.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.