Swamiji tells Hindu youths to lure Muslim girls; calls CM as'Maulana alias Siddeeq Siddaramaiah'

November 7, 2013
Hindu_mahasabha_7_1

Mangalore, Nov 7: Criticising the state government led by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah for introducing'Shaadi Bhagya' scheme for poor brides belonging only to minority communities, the state unit of Akhila Bharata Hindu Mahasabha (ABHM) demanded that the scheme be also extended out to backward girls from the Hindu community in the state.

Speaking at a press conference here on Thursday, working president of Hindu Mahasabha state unit Swami Pranavanandaram said that the Shaadi Bhagya scheme was merely appeasement politics on the part of Chief Minister Siddaramaiah who ought to change his name to'Maulana alias Siddeeq Siddaramaiah'.

‘Woo Muslim girls'

If the scheme is not extended to poor girls from the Hindu community, Hindu youth will be instigated to woo and marry Muslim girls, he said, adding that the Hindu Mahasabha would provide marriage certificates as well as protection, if such marriages took place in the future.

Objection to anti-superstitious bill

He also said that the bill proposed by Siddaramaiah which aimed at curtailing the traditional rituals and practices of saints and Sadhus in the name of superstitions should be immediately recalled. If not, the chief minister and the Congress government will be directly responsible for the unrest it would cause in the state in the coming days, he warned.

Speaking on the stampede that broke out during the annual pilgrimage in Sabarimale, Kerala in 2011 killing 110 pilgrims, he alleged that the unfortunate accident had terror suspect Yasin Bhatkal's involvement in it. There is suspicion that the stampede was triggered by associates of Yasin Bhatkal who had arrived at the scene in jeep bearing Karwar registration number, he claimed.

Ire to backlash against'khadga dikshe'

Swami Pranavanandaram also alleged that police officials of the higher rank were working in favour of'terrorist organisations' and had booked cases against sadhus in connection with'khadga dikshe' programme that had been announced earlier by Hindu Mahasabha. A convention will be held soon by the organisation in Mangalore, and an intense struggle will be taken up in this regard, he told mediapersons.

On the Saujanya rape and murder case, he said that the Hindu Mahasabha had no objection to CBI probe in the case. “However, the name of holy Kshetra Dharmasthala and Heggade family should not be maligned,” he said.

Hindu Mahasabha district vice-president Jayant Kumpala, district youth president Rajesh Pavithran, Mangalore taluk vice-president Marappa Rai, Talapady unit president Ram Kunder Talapady and others were present.

Hindu_mahasabha_7_2

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 30,2020

santosh.jpg

Bengaluru, Nov 30: Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa’s political secretary NR Santhosh got discharged from the hospital Monday, denying that he had attempted suicide. Santhosh, 31, was hospitalized last Friday evening allegedly due to an overdose of sleeping pills.

“Three days ago, there was a personal, family event. It was my cousin brother’s marriage. There, I suffered from food indigestion. I ended up taking a different medicine and due to an overdose, I got drowsy. My wife rushed me to the hospital. This was just a mistake,” Santhosh told reporters.

“I do have the habit of taking sleeping tablets. I usually take 0.2 mg and I should’ve consumed a half tablet. Instead, I took a full one that made me drowsy,” he said.

At one point, Santhosh refuted the police FIR and the hospital’s information that he had consumed 12 sleeping pills.

“I’ve seen the FIR. Where does it say 12 tablets,” he asked. When reporters showed the FIR copy, Santhosh clarified: “FIR means ‘first information received’. Once I gained consciousness, I gave the right answer.”

Santhosh, who is Yediyurappa’s grand-nephew, said there was no political pressure on him. “Let me tell you, there’s always political pressure, but I’m not someone who’d take pills because of it,” he said, adding that there was no pressure on him to resign as the CM’s political secretary.

“I am not depressed. I have strong will power. The wrestling ring in which I grew up will keep me strong for the next fifty years,” he said.

Hitting out at Congress president DK Shivakumar for claiming that a video was behind Santhosh’s suspected suicide, he said: “It’s not the first time Shivakumar has spoken like this. Earlier, he claimed I had some diary. Maybe he has lost his mind after the Rajarajeshwarinagar bypoll defeat. He should get admitted to a hospital or take a break.”

Threatening Shivakumar with protest, Santhosh said that he would mobilize a lakh people in Bengaluru if anything bad was spoken against Yediyurappa.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 17,2020

cong.JPG

Bengaluru, Nov 17: After Congress leader Mayor Sampath Raj was arrested in connection with the Bengaluru violence, party MLA Akhanda Srinivasamurthy, whose house was attacked during the incident on Tuesday said that those who committed mistakes should be punished.

"Those who committed mistakes - police stations, vehicles, and houses were burnt - should be punished. I am not happy. My 50-year-old house, built by my parents was burnt down," Congress Srinivasamurthy told reporters here.

Former Bengaluru Mayor Sampath Raj, who has been arrested in DJ Halli and KG Halli violence incident case, brought to Central Crime Branch (CCB) office in Bengaluru on Tuesday.

Raj had gone missing on October 31 after authorities at a Bengaluru hospital, where he was admitted for COVID-19 treatment, allegedly discharged him without informing the police.

The CCB had last week filed a preliminary chargesheet in the August 11 violence that took place in Bengaluru, naming Congress corporators AR Zakir and Sampath Raj as accused.

Violence had broken out in parts of Bengaluru on August 11 over an alleged "derogatory" social media post. At least three people lost their lives, while nearly 60 police personnel were injured in the incident. The police arrested around 415 accused in connection with the violence.

An FIR was registered on the complaint of Congress MLA Akhanda Srinivas Murthy at DJ Halli Police station three days after the violence broke out in parts of Bengaluru over an alleged "derogatory" social media post by his nephew, the police said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 23,2020

Bengaluru, Nov 23: The COVID-19 Technical Advisory Committee has recommended the Karnataka government against reopening schools in the state till December.

However, the State government is yet to take a call on this matter.

The schools in the State have remained shut since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Committee headed by M.K. Sudarshan met on Sunday and concluded that it was not advisable to reopen schools in the State before the number of COVID-19 cases were brought under control. Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa has scheduled a meeting with Primary and Secondary Education Minister S. Suresh Kumar and department officials on Monday.

The department of Primary and Secondary Education is likely to bat for reopening of schools particularly for students of classes X (Ten) and XII (Twelve) soon. While most private schools have begun online classes, learning for students belonging to government and aided schools has taken a hit during the pandemic.

The Covid-19 Technical Committee of the Health and Family Welfare Department has reportedly recommended the state government against the reopening of schools till next month citing a possible surge in the cases due to extreme winter conditions.

However, the committee expressed that the government may consider reopening schools towards the end of December by yet again holding a consultation meeting with all the stakeholders and reviewing the Covid-19 surge across Karnataka.

Even though the committee members expressed satisfaction over Covid-19 works taken up by the state government with increased testing and facilities at the hospitals, experts pointed at the sudden surge in the Covid-19 cases in New Delhi, Haryana, Gujarat and other states. Some of the members stated that the infection may gain momentum during the winter along with other respiratory ailments.

They had even recalled the findings of a survey that was carried out in September revealing a possible surge in Covid-19 cases in some of the districts. The committee keeping in mind all these factors collectively resolved to recommend the state government against the reopening of schools in December.

The State government had started the Vidyagama programme where teachers would visit neighbourhoods of students from government schools and conduct classes. This programme too was stopped in October after it was reported that students who had attended these classes had contracted the virus.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.