Madikeri, Aug 23: Those who lost their houses during the last year’s floods will be handed over key of new ones shortly, as most of the houses are ready for occupation Karnataka minister S Suresh Kumar said.
Speaking to reporters he said he will speak to Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on handing over the keys of houses built for those whose dwellings were destroyed in last year’s floods and landslides in Kodagu, in about a month.
“About 350 houses in Jamboor and 35 houses in Karnangeri are being constructed and work at Karnangeri is nearing completion. We hope to hand over these houses to the affected families soon,” he added.
New houses being built for flood affected in Kodagu