Puttur SDPI president Hamza Afnan electrocuted to death

coastaldigest.com news network
October 11,2018

Puttur, Oct 11: In a shocking incident, a local leader of Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) was electrocuted to death at Darbe in Puttur of Dakshina Kannada district last night.

The victim is Hamza Afnan (40), a resident of Koornadka and president of SDPI Puttur town committee. He is survived by his wife and two children. 

Hamza, who was returning from a porgamme in Mangaluru along with his family, alighted from his car to adjust a flex which was put up near the petrol bunk at Darbe for a party rally to be held on October 12. 

The iron frame of the flex came in contact with the overhead electric wire and Hamza got the electric shock as he was holding the same. The others, who were with Hamza, escaped unhurt, sources said.

A case has been registered at Puttur town police station and investigations are on.

Comments

Irashad
 - 
Thursday, 11 Oct 2018

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Naufal
 - 
Thursday, 11 Oct 2018

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Virus hampered development plans; if necessary we'll take loans: BSY on completing one year as CM

coastaldigest.com news network
July 27,2020

BSY.jpeg

Bengaluru, Jul 27: Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa, on completion of one year of his government, today said coronavirus hampered his development plans for the state.

He said the state will not see a lockdown again "at any cost".

"Due to coronavirus we couldn't meet people's expectations but now we'll not have lockdown in Karnataka at any cost. In future we're going to fulfill whatever I announced in Budget. If necessary we'll take loans and complete all development work," said Yediyurappa.

"Covid has hampered development plans of Karnataka, lot more needs to be done, i'm committed to providing an able, stable government," he said.

Arrangements were made for virtual celebrations to mark the one-year anniversary of Yediyurappa government at Banquet Hall in Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru. Social distancing was maintained at the event.

A record 5,199 new COVID-19 cases and 82 deaths were reported from Karnataka on Sunday, the state's health department said.

With this, the total number of coronavirus cases in the state stands at 96,141, including 58,417 active cases and 35,838 recoveries.

So far, 1,878 deaths have been reported from Karnataka. Karnataka is the only state to have over 50,000 active cases with overall tally below 1 lakh.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Schools expected to reopen in September in Karnataka: Education Minister

News Network
July 29,2020

Bengaluru, Jul 29: Schools will remain closed and are expected to be opened in the month of August or September in the view of rising COVID-19 cases in Karnataka, said S Suresh Kumar, Minister of Primary and Secondary Education and Sakala of Karnataka on Tuesday.

Speaking on the issue, Kumar said, "Schools would not open for the time being. The children will be taught through media."

"The state is also working on the new schemes to improve the learning process for the students," he added.

As many as 5,536 new COVID-19 cases and 102 deaths were reported in Karnataka on Tuesday, according to the State Health Department.

The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 1,07,001 including 64,434 active cases, 40,504 discharges and 2,055 deaths.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Frontline covid warrior Dr Azizuddin Sheikh, 40, loses battle to coronavirus

coastaldigest.com news network
July 20,2020

Lucknow, Jul 20: Dr Azizuddin Sheikh, who was fighting COVID-19 as a front line worker, passed away after contracting coronavirus in Uttar Pradesh. He is survived by a wife and three small children. 

40-year-old Dr Azizuddin, who hailed from Rajasthan, was serving as a paediatrician at Avanti Bai Hospital and Duffein Hospital, Lucknow for past few years. He had also worked in the Middle Eastern countries. 

When a large number of doctors preferred to stay home following the covid-19 outbreak, Dr Azizudin was working 16 to 17 hours battling the pandemic. 

According to sources, he tested positive for the covid-19 last month. “After the reports came positive, he had to call the concerned authorities many times to take him to the hospital,” recalled his family members.

He was first admitted to Lok Bandhu Hospital and was later shifted to KGMU after his condition deteriorated. Later he was taken to SGPGIMS.
 
“Despite following all the guidelines and taking every precaution while treating coronavirus patients, he tested positive for the covid-19. It’s a shock for all of us,” he said.

He used to console his family members and instill confidence among them, said one of his relatives. 

A local newspaper quoted his friends as saying that he was very dedicated in serving people that he used to take minimal possible fees from his patients. When the family asked him to increase consultation fees his reply would be, “They are poor people, how will they afford”?

After his death, one of his patients Alok Singh wrote about an incident. “When I asked doctor Sahib why he charges so less, his answer was I have to answer Allah. The truth that he has left us will always be the reason for our grief.”

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.