Hate message against Poojary over Babri issue: Top cop assures action if complaint is filed

Harsha Raj Gatty
December 5, 2018

Mangaluru, Dec 5: After a voice message asking the encounter of senior Congress leader Janardhana Poojary went viral, city police chief T R Suresh Kumar has assured to take action if a formal complaint will be filed.

The video which criticizes Poojary was recorded after the former union minister reportedly spoke in favour of the construction of Ram Mandir, claiming that no community was opposing the temple.

The unidentified person in the audio message demands Janardhan Poojary needs to be encountered or deported from the country along with everyone who demands for Ram Mandir.

He demands Muslims to not support Congress until Poojary is suspended from the party. “Janardhan Poojary was born to RSS. He has association with the RSS and tries to hide his identity behind the Congress mask. I have been repeating this fact for 10 years, but I was rebuked. However, things became clear after he invited Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat and other RSS affiliates, and not then chief minister Siddaramiah for his book release.”

The person speaking in the audio goes on to regret “that dirty-man like Poojary has been gifted a long life by God which is unfortunate.”

The person then snubs Poojary for his statements against Siddaramaih during the previous Assembly election, blaming him for the downfall of Congress in Dakshina Kannada. “Top Congress leaders owe an explanation to public on why a person like Janardhan Poojary has been retained in the party for so long. If he has to die after destroying the party, then what contribution he can claim towards the party?” the man questions.

The top cop told coastaldigest.com that a suo motu case has not been taken up but investigation and necessary action will be taken once a complaint is filed.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
May 17,2022

Bengaluru, 17: The Karnataka State Election Commission on Tuesday told the High Court of Karnataka that the state government had taken away its powers making it unable to hold elections to Zilla Panchayat and Taluk Panchayats as mandated by the Supreme Court.

A vacation division bench of the High Court comprising Justice SG Pandit and Justice MG Uma heard the Election Commission's petition today. Following last week's Supreme Court direction to hold the ZP-TP elections immediately, the Commission filed a memo before the High Court to hear the pending petition citing emergency.

The High Court asked the Commission's counsel why a memo was filed before it instead of following the Supreme Court's direction. The counsel submitted to the Court that the State Government had withdrawn the Election Commission's power on delimitation of constituencies and drawing up the reservation list. Without these the State EC was unable to announce the election schedule.

The state had formed a separate panel for the delimitation and reservation even though the EC had completed the exercise on its own. The EC had challenged this before the High Court. The court observed that a detailed examination of the petition was necessary and adjourned the hearing to May 23. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
May 18,2022

flood.jpg

Bengaluru/Mangaluru, May 18: Even before the monsoon sets in, many parts of Karnataka are receiving heavy to very heavy rainfall and the same situation is likely to continue throughout the week.

Most parts of Bengaluru recorded heavy rainfall early last night, flooding streets and homes, jamming traffic and stopping road users in their tracks. 

Heavy rains along with thunderstorms lashed Mangaluru and other parts of coastal Karnataka. Chamarajanagar, Tumakuru, Shivamogga, Hassan and other parts of south-interior Karnataka received moderate spells of rain with thunderstorms and gusty winds up to 30-40 kilometre per hour during the evening. 

Rainwater entered many homes in a slum in Narasimha Colony, South Bengaluru. 

The BBMP control room received complaints of flooding from 15 localities, including Indiranagar, Mahadevapura, Hosakerehalli, Jeevanbima Nagar and Mahadevapura. 

According to data recorded at 10 pm, at least three zones in the BBMP received about 10 cm of rainfall in just half an hour. These were East (10.05 cm), South (11.3 cm), and West (10 cm). 

A group of citizens who run a Twitter account dedicated to Bengaluru’s weather said the rainfall had crossed 10 cm in some places. 

Authorities have declared an orange alert for Bengaluru on Wednesday, meaning there will be heavy rainfall in several parts of the city and authorities must be prepared. 

The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast a generally cloudy sky with a few spells of rain or thundershowers for the next five days. 

Throughout the week

The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has sounded orange and red alerts (heavy to very heavy rainfall) in all districts of coastal Karnataka on Wednesday and Thursday. The rains will mainly occur as a result of moisture-laden strong westerly winds in the Arabian Sea and a few other systems, according to the weatherman.

“The strong westerlies are blowing towards the coasts of Kerala and Karnataka at 1.5 km above sea level. There is also an upper air cyclonic circulation at 3.6-5.8 km above sea level in Lakshadweep, which is prevailing over Tamil Nadu and its neighbourhood. There is a north-south trough extending 900 metres above mean sea level from Madhya Pradesh to Tamil Nadu across interior Karnataka. All of this will result in heavy rainfall in the State for the next few days,” said a scientist at IMD Bengaluru.

In all, districts of south-interior Karnataka, yellow alert has been issued on Tuesday and orange alert has been issued on Wednesday and Thursday by the IMD. Ahead of the alerts in coastal Karnataka, district administrations of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi have advised people to stay cautious and not enter waterbodies. They have also advised the fishermen to not enter the sea for three days.

Even though the intensity might subside for a while before monsoon sets in, the rainfall across the State is expected to continue through next week too. “It can be said that summer is mostly over in the State. These rain spells will be followed by the monsoon, which will set across the State between June 7 and 10,” a scientist explained.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
May 19,2022

Mangaluru, May 19: Heavy rains continued to lash Dakshina Kannada forcing the district administration to declare holiday for all schools today (May 19) as a precautionary measure.

All government, aided, unaided primary and high schools remained shut in the district following Deputy Commissioner Dr Rajendra K V’s order.

The pre-monsoon rains have wreaked havoc in the coastal district for past few days. 

An old unused school building collapsed in Kinya Belaringe, at the outskirts of the city of Manglauru on Monday. 

A few years ago, the Gram Panchayat had appealed to the education department to demolish the building. “The roof of the building was destroyed,” said Gram Panchayat member Siraj Kinya.

Over two dozen houses have been damaged in the district in past couple of days. 

Meanwhile, Mangaluru City Corporation Commissioner Akshy Sridhar directed building contractors to stop all construction in the wake of the onset of the monsoon.

The MCC commissioner directed in a public notice: “The building contractors in MCC limits are hereby informed to stop all construction work due to the onset of monsoon season. There are chances of rain till May 19 and the rainy season is expected to commence from June. Construction work can resume post this period.”

He also ordered complete ban on levelling of hills and transportation of soil, Further, as hill levelling could lead to landslides and cause inconvenience to the public.

Ongoing construction work, however, could be taken up without causing any damage to nearby properties, he said. Safety walls must be built in steep and narrow plots, and appropriate methods of construction must be followed, he stated.

In case of violation, offenders will be booked under the Karnataka Municipal Corporation laws, the commissioner warned.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.