Gangster Ravi Pujari lands in custody of Mumbai Police

News Network
February 21, 2021

khajsd.jpg

Mumbai, Feb 21: After a year-long battle, a Bengaluru court on Saturday granted the custody of extradited gangster Ravi Pujari to Mumbai Police.

Milind Bharambe, joint commissioner (crime branch), Maharashtra said that Mumbai Police sought the custody of gangster Ravi Pujari, who is lodged in a Karanataka Jail, in connection with the 2016 Ghazali Hotel firing case.

"In the next few days, Pujari will be brought to Mumbai from Karnataka. There are around 49 serious offences registered in Mumbai against him apart from Navi Mumbai and Thane. We had been trying to get his custody for a year, and finally got success in the 2016 Ghazali Hotel firing case," said Bharambe.

Pujari, who was wanted in several cases, including ones related to heinous crimes like murder and extortion, was extradited to Bengaluru in February 2020 from Senegal.

The gangster, who parted ways with underworld don Chhota Rajan, had jumped bail after he was arrested in Senegal in 2019 and had escaped to South Africa, where he was involved in drug trafficking and extortion.

According to sources in the Indian intelligence, Ravi Pujari was hiding under the false identity of Anthony Fernandes, a Burkina Faso passport holder, in a remote village in South Africa.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
February 23,2021

45on_0.jpg

Nagpur, Feb 23: The Nagpur bench of the Bombay High Court on Tuesday granted interim bail to P Varavara Rao on medical grounds in connection with a 2016 case of arson at an iron ore mine in Maharashtra's Surjagarh.

Rao and Surendra Gadling were sent to Yerawada Jail in the year 2019 after their 11-day police custody in connection with the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) case in which some 80 vehicles transporting iron ore from the Surjagarh mines in Gadchiroli were allegedly set on fire by Naxals. The incident took place on December 25, 2016.

Justice Swapna Joshi of the high court's Nagpur bench granted bail to Rao on health grounds.

A principal bench of the Bombay High Court on Monday had granted bail to the activist-poet on similar medical grounds in the Bhima-Koregaon case.
Rao has been at a private hospital in Mumbai since November 2020 when he was shifted after his health deteriorated in jail where he was lodged as an undertrial.

He was arrested in 2018 in connection to the Bhima Koregaon case registered in Pune and has been in jail since then. Last year, Rao contracted coronavirus and was admitted to JJ Hospital in Mumbai.

He has been granted bail in Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case on certain conditions, including that he has to remain in Mumbai and should be available for investigation. He is not allowed to talk to witnesses or interfere in the investigation process.

Rao was arrested in November 2018 along with five others, for alleged links with Naxals and for allegedly making provocative speeches on December 31, 2017 that police claimed incited the violence at Bhima Koregaon village in Pune district the next day.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
February 22,2021

flt22.jpg

Indore, Feb 22: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief Kamal Nath and around a dozen other people escaped unhurt after an overcrowded elevator plunged from a height of 10 feet in an Indore hospital and its doors got jammed on Sunday.

Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan called up Nath to inquire about his health and also ordered Indore Collector Manish Singh to start a probe into the incident, officials said.

Other Congress leaders who were in the lift with Nath were Sajjan Singh Verma, Jitu Patwari, Vishal Patel and Vinay Bakaliwal.

Nath and the other leaders had gone to DNS Hospital to meet ailing party colleague Rameshwar Patel.

In a release, Indore Collector Manish Singh said an additional magistrate will carry out the probe.

MP Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja demanded action against hospital authorities.

A hospital functionary said the lift was overcrowded and had 13-14 people.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
February 23,2021

Kerala Demands That Karnataka Opens Border at Kasargod-Mangaluru: It has  been more than 3 days since Karnataka government restricted passage of  goods & vehicles

Kasaragod, Feb 23: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday requested the urgent intervention of the Centre on the new COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the Karnataka government on the entry of people from the state.

In a letter sent to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said many people including students, trucks carrying essential commoditiesand patients going for medical treatment were put to "undue hardship" at the state borders due to this.

He also brought to the PM's notice that imposing restrictions of inter-state movement of people by states is contrary to the instructions of the government of India.

"I request your urgent intervention in this matter so that hardship of people from Kerala travelling to the neighbouring state of Karnataka can be avoided," Vijayan said.

With the Karnataka government reinstating stricter control of transit passengers from Kerala in view of increasing COVID-19 positive cases, people bound to Mangaluru and other parts of Dakshina Kannada from here for various purposes, including medical needs and studies, were in a fix.

Long queues of vehicles could be seen in the border areas since Monday as Karnataka authorities sealed many roads, including national highways and restricted entry only for those with COVID-19 negative certificates.

The Dakshina Kannada authorities sealed all borders from Monday, except four to cross over, sources said.

According to Karnataka officials at the borders,those who wished to enter the state have to produce COVID-19 negative certificates through an RT-PCR test taken 72 hours prior to their cross over time.

Health and police personnel are on duty at the four borders, viz. Talapady in Mangalore taluk, Saradka in Bantwal, Nettanige-Mudnuru in Puttur taluk and Jalsoor in Sullia, to verify and allow people's entry into Karnataka.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.