Udupi, Jan 15: A man has lost his life after being bitten by a venomous snake at Hengavalli, a remote village in Kundapur taluk of Udupi district.
The victim has been identified as Mohammad Aalm, a local resident.
It is learnt that the incident took place when he was trying to catch a snake near one of his friend’s house in his village.
He was immediately taken to a hospital in Halady and after preliminary treatment he was shifted to KMC hospital in Manipal.
However, he breathed his last without responding to any treatment. A case has been registered at jurisdictional Shankaranarayana police station.