Polls: Rs 32L cash seized

DHNS
April 7,2018

Bengaluru, Apr 7: The election officials and police on Friday seized a total of Rs 32.90 lakh unaccounted for money at several places across the state.

An amount of Rs 11.83 lakh was seized from four lorry drivers in Terdal, while Rs 9.96 lakh, which was   being transported in a KSRTC bus was confiscated near Komaranahalli checkpost in Hoovinahadagali taluk.

A sum of Rs 3 lakh was found in the car of Raichur range forest officer Raghavendra on Thursday night. "The officer told us that the cash belongs to the department, but he had no documents. The cash will be returned if he submits appropriate documents," said Assistant Commissioner Gargi Jain.

Another Rs 3 lakh was seized from two Pune-based persons who were transporting the cash in a car, near Dundur checkpost in Gadag taluk. The election officials seized Rs 3 lakh which was being transported without any document in Afzalpur taluk. Similarly, Rs 1.90 lakh was seized in two separate incidents near Shahpur, Yadgir district.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Lockdown will not be extended further in Bengaluru: R Ashoka

News Network
July 18,2020

Bengaluru, Jul 18: Karnataka minister R Ashoka on Friday said that the COVID-19 lockdown will not be extended further in Bengaluru.

While commenting on the COVID-19 lockdown extension R Ashoka said, "We have taken expert opinion, and the lockdown will not be extended. It will end on July 22."

Earlier today, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Mayor, M Goutham Kumar called for an extension of lockdown in the city for one more week due to rise in the COVID-19 cases. "It will be better if we get more time to tackle COVID-19 cases. We wish for the extension of lockdown for one more week. We have given the proposal to the government," said Kumar.

Lockdown had been imposed in the city for seven days with effect from 8 pm on July 14 till 5 am on July 22 to curb the further spread of COVID-19.

As many as 3,693 new COVID-19 positive cases and 115 deaths have been reported in Karnataka on Friday, the State Health Department said.

The total number of COVID-19 cases in the state now stands at 55,115 including 33,205 active cases. While there are 20,757 recoveries, the death toll stands at 1,147.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Melkar Women's College students shine in II PUC results 2020

coastaldigest.com news network
July 14,2020

Mangaluru, July 14: Melkar  Women's PU college has achieved excellent pass percentage in II PUC examinations, the results of which were announced today.

As many as 140 students of the college had appeared for second PU board exam 2020 this year. The college secured 95% results in the current academic year.

Among them 24 students passed with distinction and 94 with with first class marks.

Fathima Nisha (558 in Arts),

Zaithunnisa (561 in commerce) and Zainaba ifrath (545 in science) are the toppers of respective sections in the college.

From Left to Right Zainaba Ifrath (science 545), Zaithunnisa (commerce 561), Fathimath Nisha (arts 558).

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.