Katakana suffered loss of more than Rs 60k crore due to floods: DyCM

News Network
January 13, 2021

mcms_0.jpg

Hubli, Jan 13: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Govind Karajola on Tuesday said the state has so far suffered a loss of more than Rs 60,000 crore due to heavy floods.

The state further suffered losses by not reaching the target in collecting Taxes due to the fracturing of financial activities because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, noted Mr Karajola, who is also the State Minister for Public Works department.

He said as a result, progress in developmental works could not be achieved as expected. However, the financial activities were slowly picking up and works would now be taken up gradually.

Speaking to newspersons in Gadag, Mr. Karajola said that Rs 100 crore will be granted for the development of State Highways in four Assembly Constituencies of Gadag District, while converting a distance of 360 km of District Roads into State Highways.

Mr Karajola said that due to shortage of Engineers, the works on the developmental Projects are not progressing with the anticipated speed. Therefore, Trainee Engineers will be appointed as a stop gap Arrangements to maintain the tempo of the works.

He also said that works were in progress in different parts in the district under the Rs 367.50 crores Project, including building of Roads, Flood control-related works, buildings and dam, apart from 72 km of roads in the district.

In addition, a total of 60.47 km of roads are being laid in different parts at an estimated cost of Rs 183.88 crore secured under the HSDP and CRF schemes, he added.

District In-charge and State Minister for Mines CC Patil and Legislative Council Member, SV Sankanur were present.

Referring to the rumours about Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa's leadership, Mr Karajola said Mr Yediyurappa was doing a great job as Chief Minister and there was no question of him being changed.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 20,2021

275783-1611124641.gif

Bengaluru, Jan 20: A large number of Congress workers and farmers on Wednesday descended on the city to protest the contentious farm laws of the Centre and condemn the hike in fuel prices.

Commuters faced a harrowing time due to traffic snarls caused by agitations at various places. Elaborate security arrangements were made in view of the anti-farmers law protests called by the Congress and roads barricaded.

Following a call given by Congress state chief D K Shivakumar to lay siege to the Raj Bhavan here, party workers arrived from various parts of the state.

They have planned to stage protests and later submit a memorandum to Governor Vajubhai Vala. Before heading to the protest venue at freedom park, Congress state chief D K Shivakumar accused the state government of stopping the protesters from reaching the state capital.

"I have been receiving calls saying the police have been stopping farmers and Congress workers since last night," Shivakumar alleged in a video message. He appealed to those who were prevented from proceeeding to the city, to hold protest by blocking the highways.

"Reach the Bengaluru Railway station and we all shall lay siege to the Raj Bhavan," he added.

Meanwhile, the BJP ridiculed the protests and alleged that the Congress, which had been responsible for the farmers' suicide throughout its regime, was staging a drama by opposing the pro-farmer laws introduced by the Centre.

"Farmer suicides would not have escalated if you had been pro-farmer, isn't it?" the saffron party asked in a tweet.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 20,2021

detained.jpg

Bengaluru, Jan 20: Senior Congress leaders Siddaramaiah and D K Shivakumar were detained along with scores of others when they attempted to proceed to Raj Bhavan to lay siege to it on Wednesday protesting the contentious farm laws of the Centre.

Several congress workers and farmers from across the state descended on the city following a call given the state unit of the national party to lay siege to Raj Bhavan in protest against the new agri laws and condemn the hike in fuel prices.

Raising slogans, holding the party flag, banners and posters, the protesters took out a march from Freedom Park to the Governor's official residence, but were stopped on the way by police.

Speaking to reporters from inside a police vehicle in which he was taken away from the protest site, Siddaramaiah said, "The Yediyurappa government and the police are trying to disrupt the peaceful protests, which I strongly condemn."

He hit out at the BJP saying the saffron party never had faith in the democratic setup.

Elaborate security arrangements were made in view of the anti-farmers law protests and roads barricaded. Commuters faced a harrowing time due to traffic snarls caused by agitations at various places.

Earlier in the day, Congress state chief D K Shivakumar accused the state government of stopping the protesters from reaching the state capital.

"I have been receiving calls saying the police have been stopping farmers and Congress workers since last night," Shivakumar alleged in a video message. He appealed to those who were prevented from proceeding to the city, to hold protest by blocking the highways.

"Reach the Bengaluru Railway station and we all shall go and lay siege to the Raj Bhavan," he added. Meanwhile, the BJP ridiculed the protests and alleged that the Congress, which had been responsible for the farmers' suicide throughout its regime, was staging a drama by opposing the pro-farmer laws introduced by the Centre.

"Farmer suicides would not have escalated if you had been pro-farmer, isn't it?" the saffron party asked in a tweet. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 12,2021

Bengaluru, Jan 12: Karnataka will be getting 7.95 lakh vials of Covid vaccine in the first consignment and it will be stored in the government storage facility near Anand Rao circle in the City, Minister for Health and Medical Education Dr K Sudhakar said on Tuesday.

Speaking to newsmen here, he said that the Covi-Shield vaccine has already been approved by the DCGI (Drugs Control general of India). The union government has purchased 1.1 crore doses of vaccine at a cost of Rs 210 per dose. This is the cheapest vaccine in the world.

Dr Sudhakar said that Serum Institute, Pune is supplying vaccines at a cost of 231 crore. Karnataka will get 7.95 lakh vials of Covi-Shield in the first phase. Each dose of vaccine contains 0.5 ml and each vial contains 10 doses of vaccines. Second dose should be given 28 days after the first dose. Vaccine will generate resistance power in the body and it is safe.

‘Not for sale’ is being written over the vial to avoid misuse. Health warriors will get the vaccine on priority. All guidelines will be followed while giving the vaccine. Every person who is vaccinated will be kept under observation for 30 minutes after vaccination, said the Minister.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.