Whoever has lived in Karnataka for 10 years is a Kannadiga: Ashwathnarayan

News Network
December 5, 2020

ashwath.JPG

Bengaluru, Dec 5: Defending Karnataka government's decision of allocating Rs 50 crore as initial grant for the Maratha Development Board formation in the state, Deputy Chief Minister CN Ashwathnarayan on Friday said that whoever has lived in Karnataka for 10 years is a Kannadiga.

The comment came as Pro-Kannda groups led by Vatal Nagraj have called for a state-wide bandh on December 5 against the government's decision. The formation of Maratha Development Board was announced by Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on November 14.

"The Maratha Development Corporation is set up for the benefit of the Marathi people in the state, not the Marathi speakers. It is not right to associate language with corporations. There is no point in bandh. If anyone lived in Karnataka for ten years, they are all legal," Ashwathnarayan told reporters here.

He said the Maratha corporation was aimed at the prosperity and social and economic development of the Maratha community in the state.

"Marathas have been in the state for centuries. Justice has now been done. The Maratha Development Corporation will not do Kannadigas any injustice. It is better if governments in other states take similar measures to achieve social equality. We are all working to be a role model." he added.

When asked whether Karnataka government is ready to form Tamil and Telugu development authorities, he said, "It is not wrong for them to have a corporation. Whoever lived in the state for 10 years, they are all Kannadigas. They can not be called or treated as second-class citizens. The BJP government is embracing the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam."

Ashwathnarayan said the government was working on goodwill.

"Organisations like Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti (MES) should not be allowed to make such a concerted effort to prevent growth in Belagavi. Belgavi is ours. There is no question if giving away an inch of land in Belagavi. We are doing all this to ensure that the Marathas in the state are ours," he added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 3,2021

image.jpg

Kasaragod, Jan 3: Seven persons were killed and many were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party overturned and fell on top of a house aside the ghat section on Panathur-Sullia road near Kanhangad on Sunday afternoon.

Police said among the injured, few of them are critical.

There were about 70 persons in the bus when the accident occurred.

All the deceased, including two children and two women hail from Karnataka. They were identified as

Shreyas (13), Ravichandra (40), his wife Jayalakshmi (39), Rajesh (45), Sumathy (40), Adarsh and Poojari.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 12,2021

00150074.jpg

Bengaluru, Jan 12: Central Crime Branch (CCB) sleuths, investigating the drug scandal involving sandalwood actors and others, nabbed the sixth accused Aditya Alva, who had been absconding for the last four months, on Monday night in Chennai.

Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sandeep Patil confirmed the arrest on Tuesday.

Aditya Alva is the son of former Karnataka Minister Jeevraj Alva, a staunch follower of former Chief Minister late Ramakrishna Hegde and he is also brother-in-law of bollywood actor Vivek Obroi, whose house was raided by CCB while they were searching for him in October last. Aditya Alva is the sixth accused in the case of the drug mafia unearthed in Karnataka in September 2020.

A senior officer said that his passport details showed that he had not travelled abroad after the case was registered against him. The CCB had issued a look-out notice for him.

Aditya will be produced before the Special court and police custody will be sought since he has to be questioned in connection with the case registered against him.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
Agencies
January 9,2021

Bengaluru, Jan 9: Karnataka recorded 899 new COVID-19 cases and four related fatalities, taking the total infection count to 9,26,767 and the toll to 12,138, the Health department said on Saturday.

The day also saw 872 patients getting discharged after recovery.

Out of the 899 fresh cases, 465 were from Bengaluru Urban alone.

Cumulatively 9,26,767 COVID-19 positive cases have been confirmed in the state, which includes 12,138 deaths and 9,05,158 discharges, the Health department said in a bulletin.

Out of 9,452 active cases, 9,250 patients are stable and in isolation at designated hospitals, while 202 are in Intensive Care Units.

Three of the four deaths reported today were from Bengaluru Urban and one from Mysuru.

Kolar was second in number of new cases (52), Mysuru had 42, Dakshina Kannada 37, Hassan and Chikkaballapura 31 each, Belagavi 23, Udupi and Chitradurga 20, followed by others.

Bengaluru Urban district topped the list of positive cases, with a total of 3,92,128 infections, followed by Mysuru 52,772 and Ballari 38,979.

Among discharges too, Bengaluru Urban was on top with 3,81,905, followed by Mysuru 51,443 and Ballari 38,239.

A total of over 1,51,75,037 samples have been tested so far, out of which 1,24,266 were tested on Saturday alone.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.