Expat from Udupi passes away in Kuwait due to covid-19

coastaldigest.com news network
July 17, 2020

Udupi, July 17: An Indian expatriate from coastal Karnataka who was working in Kuwait passed away in a hospital in the oil-rich country reportedly due to covid-19.

Sheikh Mohammed Syed (54) was a native of Kharvi in Kundapura taluk of Udupi district. He is survived by his mother, wife and three daughters. 

An ex athletic champion from Bhandarkars' Arts & Science College, he was a well-known Volleyball and Kabaddi player in Kundapur.  He was associated with many sports associations in Udupi. 

An employee of KRH firm, he was hospitalized in Kuwait three weeks ago due to ill health. He was tested positive for covid-19.

He breathed his last yesterday without responding to any treatment. Final rites were held in Kuwait. 

Prior to migrating to Kuwait, he had worked in United Arab Emirates for several years. A sports enthusiast, he had trained many athletes in Udupi.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 23,2021

Mangaluru, Jan 23: Mangaluru MLA U T Khader has urged the state government to conduct a high-level study to ensure that major and minor dams, bridges in Shivamogga and surrounding districts are safe following the massive explosion that took place in a stone crusher facility, in Shivamogga.

"Any damage to dams, bridges will have an impact when the region receives bountiful of rainfall in monsoon. There is a need to conduct a study on any cracks in hillocks in the vicinity and ensure that all major installations are safe", he told media persons.

Further, he sought to know whether there was no law and order in CM’s home district. "The police book cases when sand is transported in mini lorries. Why vehicles were not seized when huge quantities of explosives were transported? Whether higher officials from the mines and geology department were not aware of the huge quantity of explosives in quarry sites. Mines and Geology Minister should tender resignation owning moral responsibility," he added.

Khader further stated, "Several houses have been damaged in three districts following the tremors felt after the explosion. The government should disburse compensation for the damages immediately."

Meanwhile, MLC Prakash Rathod said that illegal quarries were functioning in Shivamogga district. "Who should be responsible for the loss of lives and damage to properties following the explosion in stone crusher facility? Nearly 60 villages were affected in the explosion", he added.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 12,2021

00150074.jpg

Bengaluru, Jan 12: Central Crime Branch (CCB) sleuths, investigating the drug scandal involving sandalwood actors and others, nabbed the sixth accused Aditya Alva, who had been absconding for the last four months, on Monday night in Chennai.

Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sandeep Patil confirmed the arrest on Tuesday.

Aditya Alva is the son of former Karnataka Minister Jeevraj Alva, a staunch follower of former Chief Minister late Ramakrishna Hegde and he is also brother-in-law of bollywood actor Vivek Obroi, whose house was raided by CCB while they were searching for him in October last. Aditya Alva is the sixth accused in the case of the drug mafia unearthed in Karnataka in September 2020.

A senior officer said that his passport details showed that he had not travelled abroad after the case was registered against him. The CCB had issued a look-out notice for him.

Aditya will be produced before the Special court and police custody will be sought since he has to be questioned in connection with the case registered against him.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 14,2021

Bengaluru, Jan 14: Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa inaugurated the much-delayed 6-km stretch of the Namma Metro Phase-2 section, by flagging off the train, here on Thursday evening.

Speaking after the event, Chief Minister said that his government would accord a high-priority for the

over-all development of the city by improving infrastructure facilities to improve the ease of life in the IT city.

The inauguration of the Metro extension line is a step towards the goals of Bengaluru Mission 2022 to enable faster commute and smart mobility options in the city.

Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers D V Sadananda Gowda, Deputy Chief minister Govinda Karajol, and other ministers, including R Ashok, B Basavaraj, and Lok Sabha Member P C Mohan were present on the occasion.

The extension is 6 km-long elevated metro at the southern end of the currently operational 24.2 km long green (north-south) line. With this extension, N-S corridor will become 30.2 km long. The Elevated portion comprises 213 spans. The work involves 1032 piles, 223 Piers and 1998 segments for superstructure and 665 NOs of girders in stations.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.