Frontline covid warrior Dr Azizuddin Sheikh, 40, loses battle to coronavirus

coastaldigest.com news network
July 20, 2020

Lucknow, Jul 20: Dr Azizuddin Sheikh, who was fighting COVID-19 as a front line worker, passed away after contracting coronavirus in Uttar Pradesh. He is survived by a wife and three small children. 

40-year-old Dr Azizuddin, who hailed from Rajasthan, was serving as a paediatrician at Avanti Bai Hospital and Duffein Hospital, Lucknow for past few years. He had also worked in the Middle Eastern countries. 

When a large number of doctors preferred to stay home following the covid-19 outbreak, Dr Azizudin was working 16 to 17 hours battling the pandemic. 

According to sources, he tested positive for the covid-19 last month. “After the reports came positive, he had to call the concerned authorities many times to take him to the hospital,” recalled his family members.

He was first admitted to Lok Bandhu Hospital and was later shifted to KGMU after his condition deteriorated. Later he was taken to SGPGIMS.
 
“Despite following all the guidelines and taking every precaution while treating coronavirus patients, he tested positive for the covid-19. It’s a shock for all of us,” he said.

He used to console his family members and instill confidence among them, said one of his relatives. 

A local newspaper quoted his friends as saying that he was very dedicated in serving people that he used to take minimal possible fees from his patients. When the family asked him to increase consultation fees his reply would be, “They are poor people, how will they afford”?

After his death, one of his patients Alok Singh wrote about an incident. “When I asked doctor Sahib why he charges so less, his answer was I have to answer Allah. The truth that he has left us will always be the reason for our grief.”

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 28,2020

bus.JPG

Mangaluru, Sept 28: Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) buses continue to ply on roads in Mangaluru despite a statewide bandh being observed by various farmers' organisations on Monday against the amendments to the agricultural produce market committee (APMC), land reforms ordinances and labour laws introduced by the B S Yediyurappa government.

Similarly, normal traffic movement was seen in Shivamogga. However, the police force has been deployed in Kalaburagi in the wake of a statewide bandh.

While Protesters tried to stop a bus in Hubli by blocking road amid a statewide bandh today.

However, Passengers arrived at Majestic Bus Station, Bengaluru to board a bus.

Meanwhile, All India Kisan Sabha and other organisations protest in front of Hemavathi statue in Hassan and held a bike rally.

On the other hand, some farmers' organisations offer flowers to shopkeepers in Hubli, requesting them to support the statewide bandh.

The bandh has been called in to protest against Farm Bills that has now become acts, land reform ordinances, amendments to Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) and labour laws.

The Bills that have now become acts are- The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Service Act, 2020 and The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.

On September 27, Deputy Chief Minister Laxman Savadi warned that acts of damaging public property, if any, will be dealt with strictly and assured the public that there will be no disruption in transport services in the state.

As per media reports, on September 22, the state government tabled "The Karnataka Land Reforms (Second Amendment) Bill, 2020" in the assembly, to replace the Karnataka Land Reforms (Amendment) Ordinance, 2030. The new bill will further ease restrictions on buying agricultural land, and ceiling on the extent of land one can hold.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
coastaldigest.com news network
September 24,2020

anushree.JPG

Mangaluru, Sept 24: Reports are doing rounds that sandalwood actress and Kannada television host Anushree has been summoned by the Mangaluru Central Crime Branch as part of an escalating probe into the state-wide drugs scandal.

If reports are to be believed, Mangaluru CCB today sent a notice to Anushree through Whatsapp to appear for interrogation. Further details regarding the date of investigation are awaited.

Reports also claimed that Anushree's summons are based on the investigation of Bollywood dancer and choreographer Kishore Shetty.

Kishore was arrested by the CCB Mangaluru on September 19 for allegedly possessing drugs. It was reported that Kishore Shetty consumed synthetic drugs and had been arrested by the CCB sleuths after they received information about the same. According to reports, Kishore has revealed that Anushree used to be a part of a few parties.

However, Anushree confirmed to a regional news channel that she has not received any notice from the Mangaluru CCB as of now. She also mentioned that she is deeply hurt and disheartened by such kind of news.

Anushree is one of the highest-paid anchors of Kannada television, reports suggest. She has been given a tough competition to her contemporaries in the showbiz world. In Kannada TV with more number of male anchors, Anushree has won the hearts of millions with her on-screen persona and style of hosting.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 14,2020
Image
Kumaraswamy

Bengaluru, Sep 14: Former Karnataka Chief Minister, H.D. Kumaraswamy on Sunday urged the state government to take immediate steps to close down all the dance bars in Bengaluru, saying that these bars have become dens of drug supply centres in the city.

Speaking to reporters in Bhadravati town in Shivamogga district, Kumaraswamy quipped that the incumbent government is not dependent on anybody's mercy, hence, the Chief Minister, B.S. Yediyurappa should take this bold step of announcing closure of dance bars.

"There has been ample evidence against dance bars in Bengaluru, where many peddlers and addicts come together for a jaunt. The state government must take steps to stop this by banning the dance bars," he said.

Answering to a question, Kumarswamy retorted that even when he was the Chief Minister, he was under someone's mercy, he had taken all steps but a step short of closing down these bars as his government by then had lost majority on the floor.

"Yediyurappa can do it even now, as I have completed all the formalities to issue ban orders," he said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.