Karnataka announces ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each for kin of Mangaluru landslide victims

News Network
July 5,2020

Bengaluru, Jul 5: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each for the families of a youth and a child, who died due to a landslide at Gurupura in Mangaluru.

"The Chief Minister announces Rs 5 lakh each compensation to Safwan (17) and Shehla (10) who died due to landslide at Gurupura, Mangaluru. Houses will also be built for people who lost houses at Bodanthilla, Dakshina Kannada," an official said.

The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon.
The State Disaster Management Authority said that 57 people and 262 animals lost their lives in flood, rainfall and lightning-related incidents in Karnataka between April 1, 2020, and July 5, 2020. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

 7 foreign nationals arrested in Karnataka for violating visa norms

News Network
August 4,2020

Bengaluru, Aug 4: The Central Crime Branch-Bengaluru conducted raids at 35 locations in Hennur and Banaswadi areas on Tuesday morning and arrested seven foreign nationals without valid passports and visas.

The Crime Branch also recovered fake currency during the raid, which is currently underway, informed the police.

"Central Crime Branch-Bengaluru conducted raids at 35 locations in Hennur and Banaswadi area today morning and arrested seven foreign nationals without valid passports and visa, fake currency also recovered," Sandeep Patil, Joint Commissioner of Police, Crime, Bengaluru said.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Karnataka govt mulling ban on PFI and SDPI: Home Minister

coastaldigest.com news network
August 13,2020

bommai.JPG

Udupi, Aug 13: The government of Karnataka is now seriously considering banning organisations like the Popular Front of India and its political arm, Socialist Democratic Party of India, according to Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai.

Speaking to media persons in Udupi, he said that the PFI and SPDI had involved in several anti-social activities and attacks in different parts of Karnataka. “These two outfits are blamed for violence in Mangaluru during anti-CAA protests and stabbing Congress MLA Tanveer Sait last year. In Bengaluru violence case too, many leaders and activists of SDPI have been arrested,” he said.

“There are provisions under the law where one is allowed to ban those who indulge in subversive or anti-national activities. We will explore that,”he said.

Justifying the police firing which claimed three lives and injured many, the home minister said, “police opened fire to control the violence. No one responsible for the violence will be spared. The mob torched scooters and motorcycles parked in the basement of DJ Halli police station.”

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.

Daily night curfew, Sunday lockdown to continue in Karnataka

News Network
July 22,2020

Bengaluru, July 22: Complete lockdown on Sundays and daily night curfew would continue across Karnataka to contain the coronavirus spread, a top officia.

"Though lockdown will be lifted from 5 am on Wednesday across the state, night curfew will continue daily from 9 pm to 5 am to restrict movement of people and vehicles. Total lockdown on Sundays will also continue on July 26 and August 2," said state Chief Secretary T.M. Vijaya Bhaskar in an order here.

The order to unlock Bengaluru and four other districts - Dakshina Kannada, Dharwad, Kalaburagi and Kodagu, which have been under 7-9 day lockdown since March 14 night came after Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa declared that lockdowns would not be re-imposed across the state hereafter.

Besides restrictions in containment areas to control the virus spread, the order banned reopening of gyms and prevented use of benches in parks by walkers or joggers.

"All vegetable and fruit markets in cities and towns across the state will be shifted to the suburbs or outskirts to decongest them and prevent crowding," said the order in Kannada.

Wearing mask, sanitising hands and maintaining social distancing will be strictly enforced and violators will be fined.

Suburban train and metro services will continue to remain shut till further orders.

Select long-distance express trains will continue to operate as per the standard operating procedure given by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs on May 30.

"State-run and private buses in cities and on intra-state and inter-state routes will operate with limited number of passengers to ensure physical distancing. All buses will be sanitized and fumigated after every trip," said the order.

Schools, colleges, cinema theatres, multiplexes will remain shut to prevent crowding and violation of social distancing.

Ban on religious functions and mass gatherings will also continue.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.