Karnataka cancels I PUC supplementary exams; failed students also to be promoted to II PUC

Agencies
July 13, 2020

Bengaluru, July 13: The Karnataka government today announced the cancellation of I PUC supplementary examinations across the state. 

Primary and Secondary Education minister S Suresh Kumar announced that the government took the decision in the wake of rising cases of Covid-19 and re-introduction of the lockdown. According to sources in the education department, as many as 60,000 students were supposed to appear for the examination.

Previously, the state government had decided to hold these exams at the college level in every district and publish the results by 30 July. However, the government has withdrawn even that arrangement and completely cancelled the exams. 

According to the minister, all the students who failed in the I PUC examination, shall also be promoted to II PUC. "The students who have attended all the subjects but unable to pass the exams will also be promoted to the next class," Suresh Kumar said.

However, those who missed out on the exams due to health reasons or failed in the examinations will be given a small test at the time of commencing classes for II PUC to assess their learning ability at the college level, according to the minister. "Only those students who missed out on the examination due to shortage of attendance will not be promoted to the next class," Suresh Kumar clarified.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 3,2021

image.jpg

Kasaragod, Jan 3: Seven persons were killed and many were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party overturned and fell on top of a house aside the ghat section on Panathur-Sullia road near Kanhangad on Sunday afternoon.

Police said among the injured, few of them are critical.

There were about 70 persons in the bus when the accident occurred.

All the deceased, including two children and two women hail from Karnataka. They were identified as

Shreyas (13), Ravichandra (40), his wife Jayalakshmi (39), Rajesh (45), Sumathy (40), Adarsh and Poojari.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
January 14,2021

Bengaluru, Jan 14: Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa inaugurated the much-delayed 6-km stretch of the Namma Metro Phase-2 section, by flagging off the train, here on Thursday evening.

Speaking after the event, Chief Minister said that his government would accord a high-priority for the

over-all development of the city by improving infrastructure facilities to improve the ease of life in the IT city.

The inauguration of the Metro extension line is a step towards the goals of Bengaluru Mission 2022 to enable faster commute and smart mobility options in the city.

Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers D V Sadananda Gowda, Deputy Chief minister Govinda Karajol, and other ministers, including R Ashok, B Basavaraj, and Lok Sabha Member P C Mohan were present on the occasion.

The extension is 6 km-long elevated metro at the southern end of the currently operational 24.2 km long green (north-south) line. With this extension, N-S corridor will become 30.2 km long. The Elevated portion comprises 213 spans. The work involves 1032 piles, 223 Piers and 1998 segments for superstructure and 665 NOs of girders in stations.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
coastaldigest.com news network
January 15,2021

Udupi, Jan 15: A man has lost his life after being bitten by a venomous snake at Hengavalli, a remote village in Kundapur taluk of Udupi district.

The victim has been identified as Mohammad Aalm, a local resident.

It is learnt that the incident took place when he was trying to catch a snake near one of his friend’s house in his village.

He was immediately taken to a hospital in Halady and after preliminary treatment he was shifted to KMC hospital in Manipal.

However, he breathed his last without responding to any treatment. A case has been registered at jurisdictional Shankaranarayana police station.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.