‘Hindi politics’ prevented many South Indians from becoming PM, laments HDK

News Network
August 10, 2020

Bengaluru,Aug 10, Accusing that political leaders from the South were deprived of opportunities by "Hindi politics and discrimination", JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy on Monday said it has prevented many South Indians from becoming the Prime Minister.

Expressing anguish over CISF officials allegedly asking Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MP Kanimozhi if "she was an Indian" as she could not speak Hindi, the former Karnataka Chief Minister accused the ruling class of ignoring the south with "disdain."

In a series of tweets, he also raised concerns over Kannadigas allegedly being denied opportunities from getting jobs as for many governments and public sector jobs, one has to write exams either in English or Hindi.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 25,2020
Image
corona virus

Bengaluru, Sept 24: Karnataka on Thursday reported 7,710 new cases for novel coronavirus, along with 6,748 discharges.

 

According to the state health department, 65 people succumbed to the pathogen here today.

A total of 5,48,557 COVID-19 cases have been reported in the state so far.

Of which, there are 95,549 active cases, 4,44,658 patients were discharged and 8,331 people have succumbed to the virus.

With a spike of 86,508 new cases and 1,129 deaths, India's COVID-19 count reached 57,32,519 on Thursday, which includes 9,66,382 active cases, 46,74,988 cured, discharged, or migrated patients, and 91,149 deaths, as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 17,2020

sea_erosions.jpg

Mangaluru, Sept 17: In order to check damages to people living along the coastal areas, the state government would come out with a permanent solution to prevent sea erosion, Infrastructure Development Department, Ports and Inland Fisheries Principal Secretary and Maritime Board Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Kapil Mohan told the media here.

The Principal Secretary, who took stock of the ongoing works to prevent sea erosion on Wednesday, said using technology, a permanent solution against sea erosion would be implemented.

He further said that such a work has been taken up at Mukkacharry in Ullal, which did not witness any sea erosion.

He also inspected the ADB-funded 635 metres and 10 metres long wall being constructed at a total cost of Rs 18.02 crore at Mukkacherry in Ullal.

Meanwhile, Mr Mohan instructed the officials to ensure that high quality was maintained in the ongoing works. With such walls being planned in most places, the problem of sea erosion along the coast could be reduced, he stated.

Mr Mohan visited Tannirubhavi, Bharati Shipyard, Bengre Jetty, Someshwara, Uchhila, Battapady and Mukkacherry the costal belts.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
September 26,2020

Bengaluru, Sept 26: A nursing intern with a top hospital has filed a complaint against a neurosurgeon, accusing him of raping her in a hotel in the city.

Police said the alleged incident took place on July 15 and the 25-year-old victim filed a police complaint on September 19 as the hospital management allegedly failed to act on her complaint about the incident.

Police registered a case of rape, sexual harassment, criminal intimidation and cheating under IPC against the neurosurgeon.

“On July 15, he asked me to meet him outside the hospital; he gave me an address in Wilson Garden. He took me to a room, stripped and sexually abused me. Later, he promised to marry me, but tried to blackmail me for sexual favours. He harassed me with video calls and abusive messages,” the woman alleged.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.