Dr Zakir Naik was not “officially” invited to FIFA World Cup: Qatar tells Modi govt

News Network
November 23, 2022

zakirnaik.jpg

New Delhi, Nov 23: Qatar, on Wednesday, informed the government of India through diplomatic channels that self-exiled multi-religion scholar Dr Zakir Naik was not officially invited to attend the opening ceremony of FIFA World Cup held in Doha on November 20, 2022.  It added that deliberate "disinformation" was being spread by third countries to spoil India-Qatar ties.

It is to be noted that Dr Naik, who claims that he was targeted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP government in India for communal and political reasons, is expected to give multiple religious lectures throughout the FIFA World Cup tournament.

On Tuesday, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Savio Rodrigues appealed to the government, Indian Football Associations and Indians travelling to Qatar to boycott the FIFA World Cup 2022. Rodrigues took to the microblogging platform Twitter to urge Indians to boycott FIFA World Cup 2022. 

The BJP leader claimed that Dr Naik is a "terror sympathiser" and an "Indian fugitive wanted on money-laundering and hate speeches charges" and added that Dr Naik is instrumental in spreading “Islamic radicalism” and hate leading to terror.  

Meanwhile, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri also said on Tuesday that India will raise the issue of Dr Zakir Naik's attendance at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar and that swift action will be taken.

Dr Zakir Naik, a physician-turned-preacher reportedly left India in 2016 and moved to Malaysia, where he was granted permanent residency. Dr Naik is banned in the UK and Canada for political reasons. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 16,2022

modisunak.jpg

New Delhi, Nov 16: UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has given the go-ahead to 3,000 visas for young professionals from India to work in the UK each year.

The British government said that India is the first visa-national country to benefit from such a scheme, highlighting the strength of the UK-India Migration and Mobility Partnership agreed last year.

"Today the UK-India Young Professionals Scheme was confirmed, offering 3,000 places to 18-30-year-old degree-educated Indian nationals to come to the UK to live and work for up to two years," the UK Prime Minister's Office said in a tweet.

This announcement from the Downing Street readout came hours after Sunak met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the sidelines of the 17th edition of the G20 Summit. This was their first meeting after the first Indian-origin British PM assumed office last month.

"Prime Ministers @narendramodi and @RishiSunak in conversation during the first day of the @g20org Summit in Bali," PM Modi's Office said in a tweet.

Under the new UK-India Young Professionals Scheme, the UK will offer 3,000 places annually to 18-30-year-old degree-educated Indian nationals to come to the UK to live and work in UK for up to two years. The scheme will be reciprocal.

"The launch of the scheme is a significant moment both for our bilateral relationship with India and the UK's wider commitment to forging stronger links with the Indo-Pacific region to strengthen both our economies," Downing Street said in a statement.

It said that the UK has more links with India than almost any country in the Indo-Pacific region. Nearly a quarter of all international students in the UK are from India, and Indian investment into the UK supports 95,000 jobs across the UK.

The UK is currently negotiating a trade deal with India — if agreed, it will be the first deal of its kind that India has made with a European country. It would build on the UK-India trading relationship — already worth £24 billion — allowing the UK to seize opportunities presented by India's growing economy.

In parallel to the mobility partnership with India, the British government said it is also strengthening its ability to remove immigration offenders.

"A landmark Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the UK and India in May 2021 aimed at increasing mobility between our countries, returning those with no right to be in the UK and India respectively and sharing best practice on organised immigration crime," the UK PMO added. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 24,2022

rahulpriyanka.jpg

Khandwa (MP), Nov 24: Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and her family members joined her brother Rahul Gandhi this morning as the Bharat Jodo Yatra moved through Madhya Pradesh.

This is the first time Priyanka Gandhi, the general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, will be participating in the yatra, set out for Kashmir from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu on September 7.

The Congress shared an image of Priyanka and Rahul Gandhi walking shoulder to shoulder and wrote: Our steps will be stronger when we walk together.

The yatra, which entered Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday after completing its Maharashtra leg, will cover a distance of 380 kilometres in Madhya Pradesh before proceeding to Rajasthan.

A large number of Congressmen carrying the tricolour in their hands reached Bodarli village as the foot procession crossed over from Maharashtra into Madhya Pradesh.

Speaking on the occasion, Rahul Gandhi said, "This yatra is against hatred, violence and fear being spread in the country. We have started the Bharat Jodo Yatra by taking the tricolour in our hands from Kanyakumari. Nobody can stop this tricolour from reaching Srinagar."

The Congress has made elaborate arrangements for the yatra in MP, where the Assembly polls are due next year. Senior leaders Kamal Nath and Digvijaya Singh have also joined the yatra.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 26,2022

Mangaluru, Nov 26: Mangaluru International Airport opened the international arrival hall at the new integrated terminal building for passenger use, starting Wednesday. 

Flight IX 814 was the first flight to dock with the aero bridge at stand six. Passengers used the aero bridge to reach the first floor of the hall and collected their luggage from baggage belt five on the ground floor.

The MIA spokesperson stated two new aero bridges at stands five and six will enable passengers to enter the new arrival hall seamlessly. 

Adequate counters have been set up for the airport health organisation and immigration officials to process the passengers. Post the screening of their hand baggage and personal frisking by the customs officials, the passengers move down to the ground floor to the baggage carousels to collect their luggage. 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.