Saudi Arabia removed PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan from Pakistan's map, 'Diwali Gift' to India: Ajmal Ayub Mirza

News Network
October 28, 2020

saudi.jpg

London, Oct 28: Saudi Arabia has removed Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan from Pakistan's map, said PoK activist Amjad Ayub Mirza on Wednesday.

"Saudi Arab removes Pakistani occupied Jammu Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan from Pakistan's map!!!!," he tweeted.

He also tweeted a picture that was captioned, "Saudi Arabia's Diwali gift to India-- removes Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir from Pakistan's map," the picture's text read.

According to media reports, Saudi Arabia released a 20 Riyal banknote to commemorate its presidency of organising the G-20 Summit on November 21-22. It was further reported that the world map displayed on the banknote does not show Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) and Kashmir as parts of Pakistan.

Media reports say that Saudi Arabia's step is nothing short of an attempt to disgrace Pakistan, which also seems to be "adapting to its new bloc".

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in September stated that they have seen reports regarding elections to the so-called "Gilgit-Baltistan" Assembly to be held on November 15 and took a strong objection to it.

"The Government of India conveyed strong protest to Pakistan Government and reiterated that Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, including the so-called Gilgit and Baltistan, are an integral part of India," the MEA stated.

The Imran Khan government previously released a new political map of Pakistan, claiming Indian territories of Junagadh, Sir Creek and Manavadar in Gujarat, of Jammu and Kashmir and a part of Ladakh.

This came after the first anniversary of the Indian government's decision to revoke Article 370 which gave special powers to the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir.

Comments

Kumar
 - 
Thursday, 29 Oct 2020

Good move by Saudi Arabia. We wish whole of Pakistan to be mentioned as indian territory as it was before 1947. It should also include China occupied Kashmir as part of India. Saudi Arabia should gift this to our beloved and custodian of poors PM Modi ji by inviting to Riyadh along with great Amit Shah.

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 20,2020

tejasvi.jpg

Bengaluru, Nov 20: In a surprise submission, the Karnataka government on Thursday told the High Court that it has no intention to prosecute Bangalore South Member of Parliament Tejasvi Surya and other political leaders for not wearing a mask while in public space.

In an affidavit, the government said it does not intend to pursue further action against violators of the mask and physical distancing rule under the Karnataka Epidemic Diseases Act as it is the uniform policy to not inflict 'harsh punishment'. A fine of Rs 250 for urban areas and Rs 100 for rural areas is deemed as sufficient punishment.

But the bench headed by Chief Justice AS Oka was not impressed. The bench observed that once a person furnishes the fine amount, they admit to committing the violation, and the state government’s failure to prosecute them has serious consequences. The state government has been urged to put its statement on record on the next date of hearing.

The government’s refusal against prosecuting violators was intended only to protect politicians, the bench said. Even opposition leaders like Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) President DK Shivakumar were also found guilty of the same violations.

The bench is hearing a petition filed by advocate Ramesh Puthige raising allegations that directives for Covid-19 management laid down by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) were not followed or implemented in Karnataka.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 27,2020

rajkot.jpg

Ahmedabad, Nov 27: Five coronavirus patients were killed while six others suffered burn injuries after a fire broke out in the ICU of a designated Covid-19 hospital in Gujarat's Rajkot in the early hours of Friday. A short-circuit is said to have caused the fire.

This is the second deadly incident in which coronavirus patients were burnt to death in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Earlier in August, eight patients had succumbed in a similar incident in Ahmedabad.

Fire officials said that the fire broke out in the ICU of Uday Shivanand hospital in Mavdi area, where a total of 33 patients were admitted. Officials said that the fire broke out at around 12:30.

"Five patients have died in the incident. Prima facie, it seems that the short circuit was the reason but it needs a detailed inquiry," Rajkot district collector Ramya Mohan told DH.

Officials said that the condition of one of the six injured patients remains critical. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, who happens to be from Rajkot, ordered IAS officer AK Rakesh, Principal Secretary - Panchayats, Rural Housing and Rural Development, Gandhinagar, to probe the incident. Rupani also announced a compensation of Rs 4 lakh to be given to the family of the deceased.

Gujarat Congress president Amit Chavda termed the probe as an "eyewash" and said that "This is the fifth such incident in the past few months which shows the failure of the government."

In August, eight Covid-19 patients were killed in a similar incident at Shrey hospital in Ahmedabad. The police arrested the managing trustee of the hospital Bharat Mahant who was released on bail hours after his arrest. He was booked for causing death due to criminal negligence, section 304A of IPC, triable by a magisterial court.

 

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.
News Network
November 18,2020

khushbooo.jpg

Chengalpattu, Nov 18: A container lorry hit a car in which actor-politician Kushboo Sundar was travelling, in Madurantakam on Wednesday morning. Ms. Kushboo did not sustain any injuries.

According to police, Ms. Khushboo was heading from Chennai to Cuddalore to take part in the BJP’s Vetrivel Yatra. When her vehicle reached Ayyanar Koil in Madurantakam, a lorry hit her car from the side. The vehicle was partially damaged on the left side and in the middle, but the actor, who was sitting in the front seat, did not sustain any injury.

“We were going to Cuddalore in the right lane, and when the vehicle was near Madurantakam a container lorry came from the left and hit the vehicle. Fortunately I was not injured,” said Ms. Kushboo.

A police complaint has been filed. “They’re investigating [to see] if there was any foul play involved,” she added.

A senior police officer said that the lorry was heading towards Puducherry with washing machines. “Both vehicles were heading in the same direction and the lorry scraped against Ms. Kushboo’s vehicle. We have detained the driver. Further investigations are on. We do not suspect any foul play as of now,” said the officer.

Comments

Add new comment

  • Coastaldigest.com reserves the right to delete or block any comments.
  • Coastaldigset.com is not responsible for its readers’ comments.
  • Comments that are abusive, incendiary or irrelevant are strictly prohibited.
  • Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name to avoid reject.